78 Enticer and 82 SS 440

vrod

You guys have been a big help to me getting some of the sleds in my area for a good price and know I need some more opinions on these. I have learned a lot about the SRX and Exciters but I don't know that much about the Enticers. They are 78s' and in fair shape, the one is really nice and they both run.
Also a 82 SS 440. Would a seat and windshield be hard to find for this sled?
Any ideas of a fair price to offer the guy for these would really help me out.
Thanks again,
Doug

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 8
  • enticer1.jpg
    enticer1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6

You just had to get more Yamahas. I think I may need a new trailer. When you find out what you want for those please let me know. Brad

Brad,
I used to get phone calls about Arctic Cats all the time, now it is mostly Yamahas!!
I still want to check out the SS a little closer just to see if the motor is decent. I have a feeling the guy will want a lot for the Enticers but I will see. Are you still interested in the SL 388 B? I still am not sure if I will pick this one up but I will let you know.
See ya,
Doug

Ya, I am interested. I went to the vintage show in Boonville NY. I picked up a little nicer hood, clutch guard, windshield trim bottom and a coppied imprint of the windshield for that SL- 351. I also have a line on a seat and some engine gaskets. Any luck on an 87 V-Max 540? Brad

Brad,
That is great you found all those items!! Keep me updated on that project.
No 87 VMax yet but maybe a 82 SRV and another 85.
Keep in touch and I will let you know what price the sleds will be. I think you know they will be a good price.
Doug

I have no doubts on any thing you tell me. Please send me an E-Mail on any other Yamahas you find. Keep in touch. Brad

i wish my dads et 250 looked as nice as those 2 in the pic do. doesnt even look like there is a mark on those belly pans.

i know where there is an '82 ss just like that..... well a liitle more beat up but it runs greta and if ya' ever need parts for it???? the guy wants to just get rid of it.... no registration but free to any one who takes it. a buddy of his left it there about 5 years ago and never came back, won't return phone calls and no one knows where he is. chances are he forgot all about the sled. i think he had a small drug problem :dunno: but if any one wants to take a ride to joliet , ill the sled is free. otherwise he wants to dig a hole in the back yard and burry it??? i thought that was wierd!!!
any way are those enticers 340's or 250's if they are that clean i would guess they are worth about 4 or $500 bucks!

They are pretty clean. The belly pan on the one has some dents but the other one is nice. They are 340 Enticers.
I wish he woul dget back to me on a price on the SS, especially if the guy you knows would happen to have some parts.
Doug

Back