Which p 85 clutch??

kysledneck

I am looking into putting the p85 clutch on my 97 SX 700 anyone know for sure which ones have the 30mm taper or which sled it comes off of?

I know the 30mm and 1:10 taper is right, but I have a polaris clutch from a 500 indy and it fits my yamaha crank, I think it may be with out researching this to know for sure that its the older ones you want the clutch from.
Not that it means the same but the newer cat twins all use the fatter taper clutch, I thought the polaris domestic twins were the same, (fatter taper)you may want to ask on a polaris forum or a dealer, they may know 100 percent.

mrviper700 said:
I know the 30mm and 1:10 taper is right, but I have a polaris clutch from a 500 indy and it fits my yamaha crank, I think it may be with out researching this to know for sure that its the older ones you want the clutch from.
Not that it means the same but the newer cat twins all use the fatter taper clutch, I thought the polaris domestic twins were the same, (fatter taper)you may want to ask on a polaris forum or a dealer, they may know 100 percent.
Thanks! I have done alot of checking & When I talked to the guy @ Hi tech he told me that the newer domestic twin clutches or the older 500 would work! I just talked to him the other day & remember him saying that1 Also I took a nother look at my busted clutch, the crack is on the sheve connected to the spyder but the fixed one does not look too good down towards the center shaft either! That is why I was still looking for a yamaha or poo clutch!

The older fuji 500 does not work. You must use a domestic twin taper. And yes the xcr 800 is the same. I have also used one from a ultra spx.

Back