should i sell it

viperking

should i sell my blue viper er it was a red viper er and i switched the hood, seat, and ski loops over to blue i also installed a blue skidplate a set of blue traction brackets a billet gas cap a set of red headlight covers a chrome windshield a blue handlebar pad and i put some really good looking stripes on the center of the hood it is in pretty good shape with 2274 miles it also has a new snowflap and a new set of carbides a spare belt nad a studded track i was offered 3500 cash for it should i sell it i really don't want to because i have itwhere i want it but for 3500 i found a 04 viper with 1600 miles and pipes but if i buy the 04 i will lose my elec. start and reverse what would you guys do i will try to post pics but they will probably be too big

It depends on how much electric start and reverse mean to you. Can you add it to the 04 and for how much? The mileage is pretty much a wash, and you done a lot to get that sled where you want it.

I'm at the age where comfort is king. I'm looking forward to my new/used Viper with electric start and reverse.

elec start and reverse don't mean that much as i am young but it is always nice to have them and i like haveing the two alot

here they are used photobucket so no resize
coolviper002.jpg

coolviper001.jpg

I am delighted with my 04 Viper S. I sometimes miss reverse, but not that often.
2datrl

My honest opinion is I could do with out the electric start as my sled always starts first or second pull anyways. The reverse is a toss up. I my ditch it to just to shed the pounds. The Viper s does have ohlins fronts, which is a plus, but I have those too. So really you need to weigh the pros and cons on how you rate them. Buy the S relocate the battery, and put electric start on it. Maxdlx

it's the reverse i would rather have h ell i pull start my sled once in a while even though it has electric start it almost always strts on the first pull

pipes will have more power, but you may find it pretty finnicky or have terrible mileage....soooo..... I would rather have the 04 for the updates, but would NOT want the pipes. maybe you could sell yours and then sell the pipes off the other one and come up with a newer sled AND some extra $$$ to boot :) like the stripes by the way ;)

My 04 Viper S has no electric start, but it pulls over easier than the 02, so I could care less. I honestly haven't missed reverse at all in the last 3 years, that Ripsaw pushes thru stuff pretty good.

The rear skid in the S is the weakest link IMO. Easily fixed by some different shocks from what I've heard.

only reason I would want the reverse isnt for getting stuck, but at the pumps, at a restraunt, off the trailer, etc. it is nice, wish I had it. the rest of the family does!

That's a tough choice... I know this a lame reason, but I prefer the viper in blue over the black or red. BTW, what did you use for the stripes? I like the look.
;)!

Back