Sled Mags

richierich

Website
www.richmotorsports.com
I was cleaning the garage and came across abunch of sled mags like american snowmobiler,snow week,snow tech.anyone interested in them ? i think they start at 1999-2002 or so.Theres alot of them.If you do let me know otherwise i'm taking to haydays in 2 weeks.thanks

Glad to see someones sled mag's are as sacred as their Playboy collection! LOL - I think I still have the first sled mag I ever bought too! - hard to beat SnoTech IMO!

I was wondering if anyone held on to them. I still have some race and rally from like 96 or so :) I literally have 3-4 BOXES ( like tv boxes) FULL of mags, car and sled :) glad I am not the only crazy one, just the craziEST ;)

yes i was a pack rat.i have box's of hot rod,car craft,super street,cycle news and even old car for sale mags and parts books.i used to like going back and reading them.its time for me to clean house.i even found a big box of all my fines from when i was naughty ;)

i'll see what i have and post it later.also have some old yamaha catalog's from 98 and up.

03 viperguy, do you have snowtechs from the "yamaha revolution" to the "stage tuning of the sx, 155 hp"?

BTW I have loads of magazines too. Even some scandinavian so you can read about "Lynx". lol

I probably do, but it will take a few days to find. can you tell me the year, and better yet the issue??

I still have a subscription for Snow Week, that started for me back in 87. I still have all the issues in order. I also have 60's 70's magazines ( Snowgoer, Snowmobiling, Snotrack), just to name a few. All stored in plastic. I have also lots of brochures, and owner manuals dating back into the early 70s. They are NOT for sale, Just wanted everone to know how bad of a snowmobile freek I am. Brad

yes you have it bad :) and alot of box's i bet.its cool to look back on them.i read a 2000 issue when they were talking about yamaha maybe doing a 4 stroke.said it would be 550 lbs and 100 h.p.but they did have it right about using the inline 4 motor.

rich, I read that last winter lol! I read one of my old race and rally mags last winter that was 95 I think, talked about the mxz 470 in the F chassis and how it is "Ski Doo's nasty suprise for cross country racing!" lol!! crazy that that was top tech :) always a fun read. I used my old car mags when I went shopping for my current car, a 00 Si. looked at reviews of it and a few others in my price range. was pretty usefull!

Old Mags

Funny post to read.

I've got snowmobile mags back to 1988. They are definatelly a great read. I used them to read up on the 94 vmax I just bought. It was great because you can read the subsequent years rider reports and changes to the models. Nice to know what to expect.

My kids will have fun reading them when they're older.

as we recently moved and to my wife's dismay....

i have every Motocross Action mag since 1982 as well as every Snowgoer, American Snowmobiler, SnowTech, Supertrax, Snowmobiler, as well as some i can't remember the names to. haven't throw any away. don't know why. lot of boxes and big basement (barely)

Thumper1 said:
as we recently moved and to my wife's dismay....

i have every Motocross Action mag since 1982 as well as every Snowgoer, American Snowmobiler, SnowTech, Supertrax, Snowmobiler, as well as some i can't remember the names to. haven't throw any away. don't know why. lot of boxes and big basement (barely)

make that every snowmobile magazine since i started subscribing to them. if i had everyone then that worth be worth some $$.

I have a 70 Snowmobile ( don't remember the mag title), was talking about liquid cooling as may play an important roll in the next generations sleds. Another article saying to good points and bad points of slide suspension, and the other manufactures saying they would never go the oil injection. Alway make for excellent reading. Brad

Back