Used speedo housing, can I use it?

Vmax Al

Or am I just asking for trouble down the road by installing it? Worth trying to repair, JB weld or something?

Thanks,
Al

Attachments

• cover2.jpg
    cover2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 7

Dont bother

Why bother using that. I do think you are asking for trouble down the road. Someone on here must have some of them lying around. Just get a new/used on from a ty'er and you wont have to worry about it.

Madmatt

In the circled area on the pic the housing has "seperated," I imagine it was from run out on the bearing? I was thinking I could "smash" it back into position and JB weld it on the outside.

As for the suggestion of getting one from a TY'er, that's where this part came from.

I would like one from someone else and have had a few responses, waiting on some pics so I don't end up with the same deal.

Rich, do you sell them?

What!

If you bought that from another TY'er and they didn't tell you about it then Tom should know about it. I'd be pissed. :rulez:

Madmatt

The guy did refund me, partially, I paid $50 for the speedo and two spindles. I got $20 back. Lesson learned, always get photos first even when dealing with a TY guy.

Ryan B. - If you find it I am definitely interested. Depending on condtion I am willing to pay $10-20 plus shipping. Post pics or send to me in a PM.

Back