Max RPM for '80 440 Exciter?

poiboys

I'm doing some preliminary clutch work prior to the ice oval season here in MN. What's the max RPM for a stock 440 Exciter? I need that as a baseline . The engine has peen ported, shaved, and dual carbs added running through the stock exhaust. Using a Comet 102C. Anybody have any ideas as to where to start for a spring and weights?

Attachments

• IM000844.JPG
    IM000844.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 22

RUN THAT EXCITER AT 7200. ALSO IF YOUR RUNNING A COMET, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TOO SEE WHAT THEIR SPEC SHHET CALLS FOR. NICE LOOKING SLED BY THE WAY. 3:16 (tony)

Hey POIBoys i was wondering how i could go about lowering my sled like that its a 79 exciter you prolly seen the mods i did to it , does your make a good oval racer , im planning on ovaling mine in the bonachere cup in eaganville ontario

Heres a couple pics of my oval exciter not the skis that will be on it there jus temporary
000_0608549x412.jpg
000_0609549x412.jpg

i have a 78 that is mostly parted out although i still have quite a bit of stuff. if anyone is interested let me know.

P.S. POIBOYS, how did those dual carb adapters work out for ya? I am interested to find out.

Hey Chris, I have the same sled. ran it in a couple races last year but didn't have it set up for cornering, just getting started it the sport. thing flew down the straights though just couldn't keep up in the corners. Yet.
Putting a 108 clutch on it and going to try the silver spring and some f-2 arms to start with. maybe change out the top gear too. good luck.

hey POI you usen Phazer intakes . . . thats what i did jus had to cut off the little rubber parts that go into the port and elongate the wholes Seems to be worken good and carbs off a 570 exciter

Back