Hauck B.B. for V-max 600

must be a gas guzzler!! but thats pretty sweet i never heard of a BB for 600 V-max twin. What kind of power is this 700 kit making think the 600 twin was around 100HP

mine is not to bad on gas....but man does it haul. im gonig to switch out the skid next summer for a rx1 skid and maybe a new seat. it will stay with any sled out there (stock i mean)

i knew a guy who did the big bore setup with porting, super high compression, aluminum filled crank and all lightweight alumium parts. that was one of the badest vmax's i have ever seen. it was making an honest 150hp forsure

maybe if i can get his number ill try and get more info

Nice !!! I should be @ 135-140 hp..BB 700 ported heavily,carbs are getting bored to 39.5mm,Carbon Tech reeds going in also...I'am going to name it the "MONGOSE" Viper killer..Going to eat them up and spit them out...!!!! ;)!

IMO, to get into the 130hp range with a yamaha twin it will take some rpm. Most twin pipes for the Vmax are made to peak at sub 8000rpm. But RPC will spin 8500rpm and PSI are 8200. I like the PSI, but even PSI only claim 125hp with Big Bore, twin pipes and lake porting. But thats very good, still 30 hp more then stock and about the best I'd hope for.

Last edited:
i know a guy who makes custom pipes specificly for your sled. i was gonna say send me the cylinders and he would port your intake and exhaust.....aaaaand build the pipes for that application. better then any aftermarket pipe outthere. but they cost a lot 2500 for twins.

if you want to see high rpm's then lighten your crank and fill it with aluminum...or do a shorter stroke, really high compression.

toydoc said:
IMO, to get into the 130hp range with a yamaha twin it will take some rpm. Most twin pipes for the Vmax are made to peak at sub 8000rpm. But RPC will spin 8500rpm and PSI are 8200. I like the PSI, but even PSI only claim 125hp with Big Bore, twin pipes and lake porting. But thats very good, still 30 hp more then stock and about the best I'd hope for.
I'am going to be using GYT Twins...I was told to run the engine at 8,300 - 8,350 rpm..But even if I get 130 hp I'll be happy......

From what I remember (12 years ago..) ported 600 with GYT pipes seem to run better with the stock reeds. Had a lazy mid range with Vforce reeds. With the big yamaha twins, we would add weight (989.0 gm) to the fly wheel to keep the engine from having harmonic issues at high rpm. But back then they where used as our trail sleds also. Now days I'd work on adding a fluid damper (like ski-doo does stock) just to be on the safe side.

Just keep in mind 660' ice sled....NO TRAILS......I know there is harmonic issues above 8200 rpm..GYT pipes are suposed to run at 8300...It's just a matter of keeping an eye on things.. :2strokes:

I had just orderd a set last week....sorry...I belive thos pipes were made by Power Inc...I heard Yamaha's Greg Meir was involved along with Hauck..etc.. ;)!

Back