Best way to patch hole in hood?

PowerValve-700

Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Hey guys, I removed my reverse gear and now I have to patch the area that was cut out for the lever. The hood is going to be painted.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking it has to be strong because the hood flexes a bit in this area.

I'm thinking, riviting a peice of sheet metal to the back, grind off the rivits, and bodyfill the front?

Or fiber glass?

Any advise appreciated! Thanx!

it doesn't look that bad to just leave it alone. It might end up ruining your paint if the area bends too much.. just a thought. But if you do end up filling it use fiberglass.

find someone with a junk hood and have them send you a small piece. go to a body shop supply house and get some structural adhesive for hard plastic and glue the new chunk in place, chamfer the edges and fill any low spots with the adhesive and then filler.

I bought some fiber glass but didn't bother to fix the cut out, I figured it wasn't really nessesary since it's only a drag sled, it doesn't have to look too pretty. I went ahead and painted the hood. But thanks anyway guys for the info!

Yammi Nut: It's already sold, sorry.

I will post new pics of the sleds' progress very soon!

I'm looking into doing the same thing with a crumpled section of my brother's hood. We'll be repainting the entire hood anyways, would fiberglass be the best way to fix it?

Jigg said:
I'm looking into doing the same thing with a crumpled section of my brother's hood. We'll be repainting the entire hood anyways, would fiberglass be the best way to fix it?
i dont think so. the hood isnt fiberglass and fiberglass isnt flexible. go to a auto body shop and get what they use to fix plastic bumpers.

Back