Helmet Cams?

There was a post on this last year I can't rember if it was on this side or the 4 Stroke side

When I was skydiving heavy, I dabbled in free fall photography. I had a really nice setup using a Sony HDR HC-3 and a Cannon Rebel XT. Both top mounted on my flat top camera helmet. After several "hard" canopy openings, I decided to sell the setup. Just too much weight on my neck and I didnt want to hurt my neck by trying to have fun and not somethining I was going to do for income!
One of my jumper friends bought a "bullet" style video camera that allows the camcorder to be worn under his jumpsuit, with just the "lens" on the helmet. He was really happy with it. Lens quality and lens options were limited, but worked great to have fun with.
Stay away from mounting the camera on your helmet and invest in this remote style "bullet" cams. your neck will thank you
- check out this link - www.helmetcamera.com

hope this helps

I bought a viosport helmet cam and a PVR (portable recorder) The camera itself is a bullet style and has 520 lines resolution in 752X582 (Pal) and 811X508 in NTSC. I have tried the equipment barely, but it seems great so far, you can put the pattery pack in your inner left pocket and the recorder device in your outer left pocket and have all the connections within the jacket pockets. I'm looking forward trying it. The only drawback is that the camera is only rated to -10c. Please feel free to ask if you wonder about anything :)

Back