Next sled what are you guys getting?

kinger

VIP Member
I love my viper but I want to look at something newer so what do you guys think is the best sled to own?

Here is what I want, the twisty trails I ride are about 50-60mph max if you can get the sled to turn through them, BUT when I hit a lake I want to be in front no matter what. aka it needs to handle as good as the viper but much faster on the lake. I ride with all doos one of which is a 2005 1000 Mach Z.

Any reccomendations? Want something 03-04+ with less then 2000 miles.

Something 03-04 that will stay ahead of a 05 Mach on the lake huh? A turbo'd RX-1 or HEAVILY built SRX is about it from what I know.

kinger said:
I was leaning towards a turbo/nitrous rx 1...

From what I hear the RX-1's don't corner all that great...at least not like a Viper. maybe a Apex RTX turbo? or really stump your buddys....a new Phaser with a turbo (someone has to have a kit in the works)!!!

kinger said:
I love my viper but I want to look at something newer so what do you guys think is the best sled to own?

Here is what I want, the twisty trails I ride are about 50-60mph max if you can get the sled to turn through them, BUT when I hit a lake I want to be in front no matter what. aka it needs to handle as good as the viper but much faster on the lake. I ride with all doos one of which is a 2005 1000 Mach Z.

Any reccomendations? Want something 03-04+ with less then 2000 miles.
late model mach tripple with a couple mods! they ride better than the viper, corner good and have an awesome engine! or if you want something lighter a edge chassis polaris with the 800 twin and a couple mods. you wont beat up on the mach, but its still a great sled.

If you can get an 05 RX-1 and stud[192] it, you'll be looking to run w/that Mach and go by it. My wife's O5 RX-1 handles gerat on the trails w/the new mono susp. and when we're on the lake....well there isn't much that goes by it. This sled is stock w/studs :die:

Phazer mtn lite, with 1.25 track, oh and a mcx turbo to get it to 200 ponnies. Maxdlx

kinger said:
LOL $15,000 later....

Maybe in 4-5 years :)

I hear ya, ...but when you hit a lake you'll be in front for sure, lol.

I'm in the same boat, I'm modifying my Venom as much as I can, but I'm reaching the end of my rope. I'm expecting to get a new sled in the next couple of years.

Maybe hold off a year or so and see if they come out with a 100-120hp Phazer. Just a thought.

Cheers.

03viperguy said:
they really get 200 hp out of that tiny little phazer motor???

Yea...if the turbo is set up right and a good dose of laughing gas.....for the guy running the dyno :nos:

My next sled will probably be, i hate to say it but it'll probably be a Doo. If I had any money at all id have a new XRS800 but for now the SRX is working good and will for a few years yet.

Back