Moto4 80cc question

montynormand

Had this posted over on the ATV side where it belongs, but getting no help..... can any of you guys help me out?

good afternoon. transplant here from the TY site...
anyway, I just picked up a little 80cc Moto4 for the kids. Runs fine and they are having a blast on it. How do I determine the year? smokes pretty good so I want to plan ahead for a top end job.
I have not looked at it to hard, so bear with me..... its blue is all I know right now.
will need new front and rear plastic, are the models pretty interchangeable?

thanks

Monty

thanks, but no help. looks like the 1st model introduced '85, but has different color. same color as the Badger's fist model, but is a moto4 80cc not a Badger

Monty

The vin should be either on the head stock or on the frame near the from wheels. The local Yamaha dealer can determin the year for you. I just finised rebuilding a 87 80cc Badger. The valves will need attention (reseat). All parts are cheap. Brad

thanks guys. I' have not looked into it yet, so dont know where the vin# is. My local Yamaha dealer lost my business 2 years ago and I have not set foot into this shop. I now order all my oem stuff online form a dealer on the east coast. cheaper even with shipping and a whole lot better to work with

Back