Headlight+Tail Light Problems

chadg

VIP Member
I have a 1974 Moto Ski and am having problems getting the headlight and tail light to work. Both bulbs were no good, so i replaced them. Both of them still do not work with the sled running. It only has 586 miles, I know that the miles dont make a difference. Looked at all the wires and they look great. Is there a module that controls the lights that may have went bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Sorry bro but you are speaking german to me lol. Where can this be located and or what does it look like any pics would be great. Is it the small box that looks like it is wax filled? I dont know just lookin for help thank you appreciate the start. I will try to research it

maybe try following the wiring from the headlight/tailight harness back to where it comes out of the motor and test for voltage to eliminate bad wiring between the coil and the light fixture. I believe the stator plate is on the recoil side of the motor. You'd have to take off the recoil and the flywheel plate to get at the lighting and ignition coils.

Thank you. First I will Check wires and connections. Iwas thinking if it may be the connections are semi corroded. I will pull all connecters clean and grease them. I will keep ya posted. IF worse comes to worse this may become a day time sled only lol.

Gman my parents live in harrison cool. Cranberry Lake.

Back