1997 Vmax 500xt

Kraut

Website
www.315er.net
1997 VMAX 500XT - girlfriend's sled, mostly cosmetic updates and just a few extras under the hood

Before:

vmax_sized.jpg

After:

004_21A.JPG

Definitely a fan of the black skid on it - actually its a metalflake gunmetal, but I always thought they looked sharper. Was thinking about getting some graphics for it too - but the more I look at it, I think the more I like it plain

003_22A.JPG

002_23A.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks - I would like to say it was a lot of money and hard work, but honestly it really wasn't,

just a couple of weekends and a big gift certificate to Dennis Kirk

I just picked one up the same year, but a 600, they look the same, and I've been thinking of what I'd like to do with it, and well all black was something I was thinking, I like it...looks really good man!

Thanks for the compliments guys, and I am honest when I say it didn't take too much work, the hardest part was switching out the track. The foot grips cam from dennis Kirk - they're aluminum with punched holes in them that serve as traction - they pretty nice, I got plastic grips on my 700 and it is almost too much traction when wearing my pacs with lug soles.

Linky

The 500 was a steal when I got a few years ago - I think it had 63 miles on it and the guy sold it on account of the bad winters, which was evident with what was left of the track - it was like riding a belt sander, by the time I changed it this summer I bet there was 15 lugs in the track left (not ripped out, left). Its a great sled - never ever had any problems with it, and doesn't fly like the 700 but it just rides really nice, perfect for the girlfriend, or anyone that doesn't ride too much.

The 700 is probably too much anymore, with reeds, clutch and triple stingers its hauls (and is waaaaaaay to loud) which at this point I am looking at trading it in on something more reasonable (plus it really doesn't ride well on the trails) - does anyone know a cheap way to quiet it down a bit (without having to reclutch/rejet?

Sweet sled. I really like it .... does look linda familiar though. :whine:
Mods: team secondary, RX1 skis, spring and weights in primary, reeds notched, Bender can, camoplast track, Viper shocks fore and aft, transfer rods modded, coming next: ripsaw, digitron, cat hooked bars.

Attachments

• vmax (Medium).JPG
    vmax (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Back