Project XTC Done!...well almost

1998 Vmax 700 XTC. Pretty much a bonestock sled with reverse. So I changed a few things. Hoping it will run pretty good this winter. Here's the changes:

Bender Pipes
Nytro Skis
2004 ZR Sno Pro Rear Suspension
new 1" track
Thin Head Gasket
Turk's Clutching
600 decals on hood and engine (just a little trickery)
2" Handle bar riser
SRX Gauges
New bearings on driveshaft
SX seat
Powermadd handgaurds
Silverstar Headlight bulb

Things still left to do:

Put snowflap on
Put in 144 Roetin Hornet studs
Alot of cleaning and polishing
recharge front shocks

Still some touch up painting and stuff to do, but at least the majority of the work is done. Here's some pics:

Attachments

• XTC1.jpg
    XTC1.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 59
  • XTC2.jpg
    XTC2.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 100
  • XTC3.jpg
    XTC3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 88
  • XTC4.jpg
    XTC4.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 76
  • XTC5.jpg
    XTC5.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

love the color scheme! just enough yellow, any more would be too much. the red looks fantastic! reminds me of a 99 mountain max, and thats my favorite color scheme!

srxbully said:
dont believe in any snow flaps on your sleds?

Yeah I've got the new one. I just want to get my studs in first. Makes it a little easier to do. ;)!

The one in the background is a friend's I'm working on. His was destroyed so he's ordering a new one. Purely coincedental.

I just noticed the cat cover on that yamaha too, my dealer used to call that an "anti-theft device" lol!!! if people knew it was a yamaha and not a cat they would steal it ;)

03viperguy said:
I just noticed the cat cover on that yamaha too, my dealer used to call that an "anti-theft device" lol!!! if people knew it was a yamaha and not a cat they would steal it ;)

Yeah, I had to work on a ZR 800 and the shop got a little crowded, so the SX went outside w/ the cat cover on it. I think it's time for an addition on the shop already! :dunno:

Srry dude but someone gotta say it, that sx seat doesnt go that well with the slead it makes it cut in half..the red doesnt fit in at all. it eats up all the reast of the slead...:yam:

vmaxsledder said:
Srry dude but someone gotta say it, that sx seat doesnt go that well with the slead it makes it cut in half..the red doesnt fit in at all. it eats up all the reast of the slead...:yam:

Well I was more or less going for function out of the seat, not look. The stock seat didn't have the side pads and wasnt as comfortable as this one. I had it laying around so I put it on. Might switch it back, but I love the SX seats.

Back