Rx1 finally in process!

dude, I offered to let you ride it in the grass. 12lbs of boost and everything is a blurrrrrrrrr :rofl:

I did lengthen the rod to lower the boost level and got the reverse dialed in.

Sometime this week I need to come over and run it again before I change out the hyfax. Just to make sure I have the boost setting correct.

Pretty sure we are cancelling the U.P. family trip next week...any ideas were I should take them??

Well guys I have about 40 miles on the sled...I would say its broke in by now....turning up the boost :rofl:

lol, its your block :) so whats the gauge next to the stock gauge, mounted in the stock gauge pod?

My block has bearings that have 1500 miles on them...so there basically broke in already........They looked so clean and nearly new I decided not to change them out. (purchased a matching block and crank) Top end is '05 updated with stock pistons, double head gaskets, hardened stud bolts.

I trail ride and plan on running around 10lbs of boost all the time on 93 octane.

I have temp gage..left side, boost gauge upper left, a/f upper right.

I would like to get a oil temp gauge next.

Last edited:
its a nice looking gauge, I want a water temp gauge for my viper but cant seem to find what I want. what brand is it, are you happy, and any close ups? how did you hook it up?

The gauge was in the sled when I purchased it from hooknbook. It is just a standard inline sensor. You just need to put it between the engine and thermostat.

All of my gauges are wired in to a fuse block. The fuse block is wired into a switched access.

100_0507.jpg

100_0504.jpg

Its just a standard white face. I saw some at autozone the other day. I thought about replacing mine, because it has a steel ring and its starting to rust. I want one with a plastic ring!

I get ya. I emailed autometer a while back, they recomended using the marine gauge since it would be built to take a lot more abuse and damp conditions.

I have an autometer boost gauge...I like it. Its just a standard, and I dont think you would ever have any problems with it as long as its plastic housing and not steel.

looks great in the finished pics.. just like a sled my dealer had an dI WANTED. it was an 05 LE that he had put a black belly pan on with fox floats (all blacked out look) and then just the low chrome windsheild and it was amazing looking :) nice sled, and good work!

Back