Pricing for Belt Drive/Interest

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
As many of you have read, we are in the process of developing a belt drive system for SRX/Viper chassis up to the Apex Chassis. The pricing is not final yet; However, we are guessing the entire system would be in the $1600-$1800 range. For some if not most this is a lot of coin to fork over on an older sled so I was wondering how many people would be interested in this setup for their sled? The benefits to this system go as follows:

Drive Axel = 5.25 pounds weight savings
Jack Shaft = 2 pounds weight savings
Entire belt system housing = 1-2 pounds weight savings
gears and belt = 2 pounds weight savings
Drilled rotor = .56 pounds weight savings (changing to viper rotor or later model SRX rotor puts you at a pound)

Total weight savings = 11-12 pounds, 10 pounds of which are rotating.

As you can clearly see, the majority of the of this weight loss is due from rotating weight which is HUGE. The other benefit to this system is obviously looks and you do not have a chain being dragged through oil. There is less total friction in transfering the power to the track.

I am throwing this question out there to see if there is any interest in this system. We expect to have the system tested and ready near christmas. If you have any questions about the system, please let me know and I will be happy to answer them for you. Post right here what you think about the pricing and if you would consider the system or not. Prototype pictures below. Thanks

-Matt

:bling: :bling:

Last edited:

I will get further pricing done but for now, this is all I know of. Like I have said, I will keep you updated.

BTW, I hope I can get a sound clip of it or something, it sounds like you have a turbo or blower on your sled with the belt drive as you go faster. Also forgot to mention we will offer about 3-4 different ratios for gearing. Some equivelent to stock, some more, some less. Let me know what you guys think

Well if YOUR srx has it then I guess I don't have a choice now do I?

I am very interested to see the performance gains first. I'm assuming your doing the testing on the SRX? If so did you ever get a baseline run before to compare the difference? If it works out and holds up through the winter I may be in the market for the kit this spring.

Everytime I think I'm done with that sled............

Matt, do you know if you will be making it work on a SX/MM chasis? I would be very interested if you are!! If so, any idea how soon? thanks for any help =)
-dru

Matt, do you know if you will be making it work on a SX/MM chasis?

It will work on any of the proaction chassis.

Nice pkg but won't work for us mountain guys with a D&R........................SRXtreme

Eric, you are gonna have to go riding with us sometime! As for the baseline testing, what we are going to do is run the chaincase in the first part of the year and then run the belt drive a little later. I at least want to get a solid 500-600 miles on this thing without any problems before we offer it to anyone. What we may do if we head up to riblake for the early radar runs, we can install the chaincase, do a couple runs, then we can install the belt drive and do a couple runs. This would show any performance gains. I think we should also do a 500 foot run, 800 foot run, 1000 run, 1500 foot run, and 2000 foot run to show if there are alot of performance gains in the midrange which there should be, it is 10 pounds of rotating mass being taken out. We will supply proof for this system performance wise. I also have to test out those pipes first and make sure they are running at the right RPM first. I could hook up a helmet cam and do a run with the chaincase, then hook up the belt drive system and do a run and see if the RPM's go up too. I will try to supply as much info on this system as possible. The most important thing for us right now is to make sure it can handle the power.

As for the other chassis, it will fit and like I said we also have one made up for the rx1 and apex style chassis too. So while I am running mine in my sled, my dad will be running one in his sled. We should have enough testing to back it up.

D&R for mountain guys, fill me in? Thanks

D&R for mountain guys, fill me in? Thanks

The jackshaft gets dropped into the tunnel and the driveshaft gets rolled rearward. I think it could be made to work, well anything will work with enough resources. I am not too fond of the aluminum driveshaft, thier is longivity issues. They have been used in the mountains for years. Generally they need replacing every season or less if they break. Helicopter rides arn't cheap. ..................SRXtreme

Also guys, Please do not hold me to anything yet! We are in the prototype stage of this system so I don't want to make any promises I can't hold up to. So here I go:

If one is conserned about an aluminum driveaxel not holding, we MIGHT be able to offer a titanium one that is gun drilled and takes the weight out of it. Obviously, this would be more money and would not take as much weight out as aluminum but it would hold up for sure. As I said, we are only throwing ideas out there right now but we have alot of things on our plate. We have lots of sleds in the shop and they get priority first. We are trying the best we can to complete this system and then we are trying despirately to get the rear suspension done this year. That will have testing done aswell. Lots of stuff on our plate right now. We are trying our best. Thanks

Any others who are interested in this kit? When we get this kit ready, everything will be dead accurate in terms of weight loss and we should have a much better understanding of the performance gains this kit offers. Let me know. Thanks

-Matt

i know i'm interested, but don't hold me to it. of course i'm waiting on the results. i'm still in the research phase for that part of the sled. lookin at the diamond-drive, RMI drive, your belt drive, and the CMX belt drive. I know timbersleds has a drive system, but I don't think i like the open chain idea. i wish the put a guard of carbon fiber around it. so ya, i am interested in its development!!! ;)!

Please send me some info on this for a Supercharged Attak @ 10-11lbs boost, 144X1.25" track with 171 1.400" studs.

Will the belt cogs strip if to much traction is obtained from the studs?

We have had a lot of people asking about belt drives so we, will be making belt drive for the Yamaha 4 stroke and 2 stroke. The drive on the dyno has shown 6% more power to the track. In the 1/4 mile test on asphalt it was .400 faster than the stock chain. It will work very well on a Supercharged sled.

Back