SX-R Extreme 700

P1000497fff.jpg
P1020593-1.jpg
DSC00567.jpg
DSC00572.jpg
DSC00574.jpg

maxdlx said:
Why don' you guys wear helmets. Man I just don't understand that. Maxdlx

Well, we do wear helmets when riding on legal tracks. But only because of the law.
But I personally mean its a false-safety. Also when the temperature goes down to -22 degree Fahrenheit it become a little cold with a helmet IMO.
Then its only a really good cap of fur that keeps us warn.

- S.V

sxtheviper said:
Well, we do wear helmets when riding on legal tracks. But only because of the law.
But I personally mean its a false-safety. Also when the temperature goes down to -22 degree Fahrenheit it become a little cold with a helmet IMO.
Then its only a really good cap of fur that keeps us warn.

- S.V
So, in your opinion, a fur hat is warmer than a helmet. I have been riding in some pretty cold temps here in Canada, and i gotta say that i would rather wear a helmet at-30 fahrenheit and 70 mph, than a piece of fur from any animal. Just my 2 cents.

boondoctor said:
So, in your opinion, a fur hat is warmer than a helmet. I have been riding in some pretty cold temps here in Canada, and i gotta say that i would rather wear a helmet at-30 fahrenheit and 70 mph, than a piece of fur from any animal. Just my 2 cents.

That's right. Ive tried with both, but prefer the fur hat.
But we all have diffrent opinions, dont we?
I would also say it depends on your riding style, wether you should wear a helmet or not.
Don't missunderstand me, I drive on legal-tracks most of the time and i do wear a helmet. Nothing major against the helmet, Iam just having some opinions about it, like we all do.

- S.V

If that peice of fir covers his whole head and face besides his eyes it would be as warm or warmer than a helmet unless it has some kind of heating source in it. Under the hair theres skin which is leather which breaks wind just as good as any helmet, then all it comes down to is the eyes. Whch I see goggles so he should be good to go. But out messing around I dont like wearing a helmet, esp if there alot of snow. But once I hit the trails helmet diffenitly goes on. Too many dumb people that like to ride double wide or ride on the worng side in general. Good feeling when you have it on going through the woods going 70 or 80, even though you hit one going that fast your screwed anyway. but like he said it all depends on your style and the person.

ExpertXViper said:
If that peice of fir covers his whole head and face besides his eyes it would be as warm or warmer than a helmet unless it has some kind of heating source in it. Under the hair theres skin which is leather which breaks wind just as good as any helmet, then all it comes down to is the eyes. Whch I see goggles so he should be good to go. But out messing around I dont like wearing a helmet, esp if there alot of snow. But once I hit the trails helmet diffenitly goes on. Too many dumb people that like to ride double wide or ride on the worng side in general. Good feeling when you have it on going through the woods going 70 or 80, even though you hit one going that fast your screwed anyway. but like he said it all depends on your style and the person.

Thats right!
Seems like we share the same opinion. On that picture he got a fur hat, goggles, facemask and a scarf. And yes, its warmer than a helmet.
When riding in a lot of deep snow, I dont really see the point of wearing a helmet. But as you say, when going fast in the woods, it feels good wearing a helmet. But IMO some sort of false-safety, but we all have diffrent opinions about that.

- S.V

Back