Help on Removing First 2 skid bolts

i popped the plugs out of the belly pan just to slide the bolt out far enough to clear the shock mount brkt. you can get the plugs out and in without removing the pipes. just push from the inside a bit and pull from the outside or use a seal removal tool. i used 2 hand wrenches (mine were gear drives so they have a ratchet mechanism in them to speed the job. but 2 regular 14mm wrenches will do the trick. reaper pm me your name address and phone and i'll get them out on weds you should have them by the weekend i'd hope. ski

Skidooboy, you have pm with my info, thanks again both of you, hey if you ever plan to come up north of the border, get in touch with me, the Trails up here in New Liskeard are some of the best you will ever ride, my father-in-law has cottages (5) that he rents all winter, minutes from trails......Reaper

reaper i may take you up on that. we ride ontario only! i am planning a trip to head from the soo to chapleau and on to either kirkland lake or new liskard and then on to quebec or wherever. love to meet up and put a face to the name, share the trails, and have a good time. i'll get that stuff out to you. put the shock tool over the shaft, then put both set of split nuts over the tool in the vise and clamp it tight, heat the lowest spot on the shock eye at the base of the shock shaft, turn the eye off with a cresent wrench, let it cool ( dont touch it for a while it needs to get real hot to break the locktite) reapply locktite and retighten the shock eye & extension. ski p.s i didnt get a pm, email me at skidooboyedk@yahoo.com

Skidooboy, you have mail, i am ordering rods and extensions tomorrow, so i should need tool for about 2 week, trying to fit some duck hunting in there as well, oh ya, can you include return address so i can get tool back to Atlas.........Reaper

reaper, they were sent today via us mail, i sent them through customs as a gift and a description. you should have them in a week or so if customs dont hold it. ski

Back