who knows where this is.

I heard that story too but he landed on a pine tree and it took 6 surgeons 14 hours to wipe the smile off his face.

Lake in the clouds 4-sure. The guy didn't die, he jumped off before he went over the side. He probably wished he was dead when he got the fine from the DNR, I heard it took so long to get the sled out, and he was getting fined for every day it sat at the bottom. Chick at the motel said it cost $50,000 in fines, and he had to copper(helicopter) the junk sled out, cause they won't let you cut anything down to make a trail to get at it.
I want to say 1996? sound right? :letitsnow

Ok. ok I'll fess up......... It was me on my 72 Polaris 250 colt.....anddd..... I was coming to the top of the ridge from the bottom when someone stepped in front of me and I had to lock up the breaks then I lost my momentum and........

:)

let me chime in here, i have a camp in silver city, just inside the porkies and this is the lake of the clouds. It is apic from at least three years ago! now it is blocked off and you have to walk up. And for the guy who went over he did infact live, broke both femurs and his back, he was repelled up and over from where he went over and his 1991 yamaha exciter stayed in the pine tree it crashed into all winter!! not bad for a 55 year old grandpa hey!!
Dan

I grew up just east of their in Ontonagon. My dad and I go up their atleast 2 times a year. Our first ride we leave from Ontonagon up to Lake of the Clouds and back down and over to the Tequmainam falls (spelling is probably off) then over to Bergland fill up and run accross the lake to the Root Celler for dinner then over to Bruces Crossing up into Rockland and over to Greenland and back into Ontonagon. The last run of the year we trailer the machines up to Silver City Lodge and ride up to Lake of the Clouds and back down to the Falls and back to the trailer. Awesome ride and I'm looking forward to doing it this Feb.

Back