6 Place v. 4 place open pros and cons

BigMan76

Ok, I need to purchase a new trailer-am thinking a 4 place 22 ft. Triton with salt guard/ramp built into the nose.

Our fleet of sleds have expanded and we currently use a two place tilt and an old steel 4 place (the one which needs replacing).

We tow with a '99 Ford Expedition with the 5.8liter V-8.

I am more or less set on the 4 place but wanted opinions on the 6 place.

I am not looking for an enclosed trailer as, unfortunatley, we only trailer our sleds up to the U.P. from Chicago three, maybe four times a season, if lucky. We don't need the added expense nor weight.

thoughts?

thanks.

The 6 place is nice if you have 6 people going and can all drive in one vehicle. It really saves alot on gas Our first year out we had 4 cars with 4 trailers. Know there is 2 vehicles with 2 trailers and that works out alot better.

I haven't priced the 6 place yet; brakes woudl be standard on both the 4 and the 6 place- after some thought, the flexibility of continuing with the two place nd the four makes sense.

I will probably go with the 4 place. Now I just need to find one; a brand new 4 palce 22 ft. Triton with brakes on both axles and the combo salt guard/drive off ramp is $4,900; YIKES!

We use the trailer to store the sleds in our shop; makes it easier to move them around and when we do go; we have it easily accessible for loading and trip prep.

I also look at it like this; the last trailer was a '92 and is just "died"; I figure an aluminum will last us 20 yrs. easy.

Back