300 Enticer (intresting story)

ViperTom

A guy I work with said a friend needed some money and offered to sell him a sled that he has. The guy got the sled at the landfill he works at. He said an old man brought the sled in and wanted to get rid of it....said its been taking up space in his garage for 25 years and just wanted it gone....he said it didn't run. The landfill cannot take stuff like old sleds so he told the old man he'd take it off his hands. The guy I work with gave him a couple hundred bucks for it.

I cleaned the carb (worst looking carb I've ever seen), cleaned out the air box(rodant nest), changed the chaincase oil and cleaned it up. It fired up on the first pull and runs perfect.

Anyone happen to know what year it is?

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF1303.JPG
    DSCF1303.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF1304.JPG
    DSCF1304.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1305.JPG
    DSCF1305.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1306.JPG
    DSCF1306.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1307.JPG
    DSCF1307.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 24

Check out the track....it still has the little tits on it from the mold.

Attachments

• DSCF1309.JPG
    DSCF1309.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 19
It is probably safe to say that you are keeping it. I wanna say 80-81 for the year but not sure 100%. If you wanna sell it let me know with a p.m.

You have got to be kidding !!!

I've got some cash sitting here, how much does he need for it ??? :yrules:

ViperTom said:
Anyone happen to know what year it is?
I am quite sure I know what year it is, but before I open my mouth and remind folks how dumb I have gotten, just post the first three letters stamped on the right side of the tunnel, and I will make sure.

Last edited:
Way to many good deals going on in the Gaylord area Tom!! :whine: LOL

I thought I had a good deal going on a Phazer, my plan was to tune it up and sell it for an extra couple hunderd bucks :dunno:
Didnt catch what year it was,(black with dark maroon or brownish seat) but it was in fair condition. 7 or 8 hundred dollar sled all day!Track didnt look to bad untill I noticed the missing "grouser bar"(I think thats what you call them) seperating the track windows. Still a good deal at $200 if someone wanted to take the time to find a good used track and a couple of ski's, but not a money maker :o|

Ding said:

I am quite sure I know what year it is, but before I open my mouth and remind folks how dumb I have gotten, just post the first three letters stamped on the right side of the tunnel, and I will make sure.
Ding, you always have some cash sitting around!!lol
I didnt see you burning any of it at Novi Saturday, did you make it down at all?

Should be a 79 or 80 I think. We had a 78-300, it was all white & an 80 340 Deluxe which was burgandy/red back when they were new.

These are Absolutely BULLET PROOF!!!!

Fun, nimble, cheap, ( course hard to beat FREE!!!)
Best kids/learning sleds out there.

Great to roar around ( slow speed roar!!!LOL) on ice & lakes.

Very Cool Find!! ;)!

Ding said:

He already picked up the sled. I'll have to have him check the vin#. I'm not sure if he wants to sell it but I will find out.

Tom

That Is A 1980 Et300d.
The First Model Year For The 300 Enticer Was 1979-they Were White With Red Stripes,that Was The Machine That Started It All For My Family(my Dad Bought One In The Fall Of 78').what A Sled-his Original Sled Has To Have 15,000+++miles On It(no Speedo).no Its Not In Good Shape Now-got Passed On Too Many Times And Some Family Friends Kids' Drove It In The Ground.
What A Sled!! It Just Sounded Cool Compaired To My Et250, "special Twin" 300 Vs. Single Cylinder 250 -(not Much Faster??)
Good Times-matt

my dad and uncles raced them every whitch way there was to race them. the et250 and et300 where the same speed wise. whoever got the hole shot was always in front with no gains or losses. the only place they differed was when it was time to fuel them up. the et250 always took more gas than the et300.

Another thing noticed is the registration sticker on it expired in 1983...Its probably been sitting in the garage ever since then.

Tom

No-its a 1980. The 83's had the stripes from the tunnel extend up and around the back of the seat,and they had the newer style tail-light(long narrow rectangle-8k4) . Registrations lasted 3-years remember???? I just picked up a pair of 80' et250/340 enticers for next to nothing too-Wish they were stored inside. But the graphics are the same style-just different colors. 81's were a little different, I don't think they had a 82' et300-nope I remember I had a 82' catalog and they are not in there.
-Matt ;)!

We had an '80, and the stripe package is different. ours was an Enticer 300 Special II. Which meant it topped out at 65mph, just like the other 300 twins. Great sled!!!!

Find the vin on the side of the tunnel, and call your local dealer, they can tell ya.

Have fun!

Back