Rear suspension idler bearings!

Viper-Rules!

Is there anyway to remove the four idler wheel bearings from the aluminium shafts in the rear suspension. Was thinking about replacing the bearings, while the suspension is out, but I can't figure out a safe way to get them off of the shaft.

With your suspension out, Beat the wheels off as you are going to change the bearings anyway. Or, Remove clip that holds bearing in wheel, beat or use puller to get wheel off bearing, use puller to get bearing off shaft.

How to remove bearings from shaft!

Thanks for the advice Roger. Does anyone have an easier way? I'm afraid I will wreck the wheels if I beat on them with a hammer. I tried a light rubber hammer, but the darn things don't move. How do most people get these stupid things off. The c clips for the snap ring's for the bearing are located on the inside of the shaft, almost impossible to get at them. So frustrating. The bearings still seem decent, so I might just re-use them, if I can't figure it out.

i just got done replacing some bearings in my suspention about an hour ago. a few rapps from a rubber hammer and they all came apart without breaking anything.

What Rodger said.
Remove the circlips, remove the wheel, remove the bearing with
a gear puller.
A little patience is all that is required.
If everything was easy the shop guys would out of business.

I find that if you take the shaft off the sled then put the shaft in the freezer for a couple of mins. then use the rubber hammer. Works like when you add heat to expand nuts but in this case you want the shrink the alum so the steel bearing comes off. The Alum. will shrink at faster then the steel.

Is it possible to remove the rear bearing on the stator side without pulling the shaft? My center bearing is frozen on the shaft and I'm not sure how I'd even get the shaft out at this point.

Back