Yamaha’s R&D Nytro race sled exposed

It looks as if they extended the tunnel down so your legs are almost if you would be standing but the seat is there for your rear. Keeps your knees from bending so much.Thats awesome if you as me....

what a difference the sled he won the snocross at brainard was ,looked sweet!!!
anyone see it?

Last edited:
Just getting back to TY doing some looking but I have been watching this sled....Please Yami add some horses and I am back on a Yami...This thing ..I think looks AW-SOME......

well it doesnt sit at the top of my list of looks, but i bet one lap on it and i wouldnt want to get off of it! great to see yamaha is always lookin for a new edge on the competition.!

I'm still not sold on it. I rode one at the demo days here in syracuse last winter and wasn't impressed. Not enough power for me. It did handle well and the seat position is awesome but if I have unlimited funds I'd buy the APEX RTX. Just my 2 cents.

I take it you've got aftermarket triples on your Viper? I like the Apex, but I think that's just too much sled for a skinny little guy like me. I'm sure I'd be fine in deep powder, but when the snow isn't real deep that thing would be alot for me to handle I think. I haven't ridden the Apex MTX or Nytro MTX but the Nytro seemed like it'd be alot easier for me to handle when I was sitting on it. Not to mention from the reports I've seen and heard, the Nytro has NO problem keeping up with the Apex from 0-60 MPH. Once I get a chance to ride the Nytro I hope it handles nice and light, otherwise my next sled will probably be another Polaris 2-stroke. :hide: I know this is a Yami site but the Dragon RMK is a awesome sled IMO and I've rode one.

Last edited:
It sounded like it was running on rubber bands. It handled better then my viper but I think the apex handled way better. I also liked the full power of the apex VS the nytro.I also felt too safe on the apex at high speeds on the trails(this was awesome but could be dangerous). The nytro was easy to throw around. Again it's just my opinion but I think it's ugly and not the best sled in the Yamaha line up.

Looks aren't that big of a deal to me. I'll sacrifice looks for a better chassis and better stand up ergos anyday. I'm mainly interested in how the motor performs. Did the Apex seem like it had more power than the Nytro from 0-60 MPH? How much more....alot...a little?

Edit: Back to my original question again, is your Viper triple piped? If so, does your Viper feel faster than the Nytro from 0-60 MPH?

Last edited:
yes it is triple piped. I did it after I rode the apex. The Apex keeps on pulling through the throttle. 0-60 the apex felt faster. IMO the Nytro felt tippy. I rode the apex standing up for the first 4 miles and loved it.You don't feel the weight of either sled. My viper felt like it weighs more. The apex windshield is also better evan though still small. Test them both.

We are pretty lucky here in CNY b/c Sean the owner of a local yamaha shop has both the sleds and quad demos every year. Now I gotta come up with the cash to buy the APEX,lol. :o| :o|

Back