Northern Ontario Yamaha ride

i am game!!! i need to ride badly. my thumb is gettin all twitchy and the lake just aint cuttin it no more. already booked the 16 off. might end up bein later in the day so kirkswim can come as well. his trigger finger is in worse shape than mine.

oh and james ill take that rear grab bar if you still have it.

Maim i still have the bumper. How late in the day Friday because i was going to leave New Liskeard around 8:30am and should get there by 11:30 or 12:00. I have been trying to get ahold of Bob but he hasn't returned my PMs........James

i have to talk to my brother and bob to see if we are all goin in one vehicle. if i am leaving according to my brothers schedule (i have his sled hostage atm) we would be there for around 4pm.

are you looking after the reservations or do i need to make my own?

Maim, i can make reservations for all of us, just need to know how many rooms....1 or 2. I would still leave early enough on Friday, hope you guy can come too so we cal ride Friday afternoon, i am not crazy about riding alone but i am sure i could tag along with somebody. Let me know i can call and reserve..............James

I will talk to my brother in law since he was going to the Liasgard ride and see if he wants to do the Parry SOund ride.

one room for me then. bro will bunk with me.

i wish i could get there earlier james but bro cant get day off as he has a school board meeting. i would be picking him up there and leaving to head down south from there.

on a be prepared note, i will be bringing betsy (et410) i think in case of a major sled breakdown so that person can still ride.

DHSRX is my brother in law so we are both in.
I have to try my sled out. I have not even had it running more then 1 minute so far this year. I will call and make reservations at Joly Rogers.

I hope so! I only have put 15kms on it since clutch rebuild, all new drive line bearings, suspension changes......heck i still have new carbides to put on. I have a slight overrev of 200 rpms but i will fix that, two shims to come out. I going to work on it tonight and bring tools if i need to play with the suspension. I am still going up on Friday morning and should be there by noon so i will try her out and make any needed changes. When would you be getting there?

I would not be far behind Maim. By Brother in Law and I will finish early and drive.
We will have to meet you at the hotel.

you can bunk with us if you want reaper.

just need to find my frickin mirrors and change the oil in the war and i am rdy to rock. i wanna try it out against a srx. bros viper just aint cuttin it. gotta love the extra top end!!

one round only and you got a deal!

bros viper (before long tracking) only did 101mph on gps. i am currently walking away from him on topend albeit slowly.

I don't know about the old SRX but since i longtrack'd with 1.25 ripsaw and long travel'd it she is slower but let's find a good straight away and let her loose! I am going to bring my GPS too.............James

Last edited:
cool I want to see what I can get out of my machine. We willl have a stock 2001 SRX, your long tracked 2000SRX, my 2000 SXR not at all stock, the warrior and a viper.
Should be interesting.

Back