Well it's 4x2 but...

maxout01

VIP Member
In case you didnt view my thread in the general disscusion section over this truck. I'll give you the lowdown. I had a chevy blazer 4x4 that was a cool truck but it was giving me constant problems which is known to the blazer. I happened to drive by a dealer on my travels one day and saw 16,995 on the windshield of this truck below. The book on it is 24k as it is brand new. I debated over the 4x2 but couldnt turn down the offer... as you can see why!

Attachments

• small pic.jpg
    small pic.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

4x2 truck

Max, good buy on the Dodge, You will enjoy that truck, gas milage should be better day to day, What motor did you get? I have a 99 Ram with 140,00 miles and no hick ups! Its also a 2 wheel drive! I used it to tow my sleds and trialer to the UP from Il and then in maine also, only got stuck once in a driveway on incline. I always kept 5-600 lbs in rear. Good luck! Bluebullet

Nice truck.
Ive considered just having a 4x2 truck but when the snow flies its so nice to just reach down and click it into 4x4. Just make sure you keep a few sandbags in the bed (place them directly over the rear tires) and if they forecast a big snowstorm make sure you have a full tank of gas. The more weight you can keep on the rear tires, the better.

Unfortunately it is riding on 20's and they do not make snow tires for it. I am going to have to pick up a second set of rims and tires, probably 17's.

Bluebullet the truck has the 5.7 hemi v8. It's an awsome truck.. fast as hell and corners good too! I took it on a two hour trip this weekend and it only got about 12.5 mpg with about 250miles.. My buddies dad who has the same truck only 4x4 said it gets better as the truck gets broken in cause it's new.. my blazer only got 13mpg and in was a little 4.3 v6. We will see, lol.

Might want to see if 16" wheels will fit over your brakes. I think your choices in snow type tires might be better in 16" wheels and possibly price wise as well.

Those stock tires are goodyear wrangler HP wet and dry traction rating is 8 out of 10 and 6 out of 10 in the snow and 5 out of 10 off road

Thanks sandman I was looking for those ratings, lol. I am definitely looking at the magnoflow systems. I am going to build it myself with a magnaflow muffler. Right now the biggest thing is going to be weight in the back. It breaks loose pretty easily as it is especially when it's wet out. I KNOW it is going to suck in the snow until I figure out the weight issue. Luckily I sel sand bags at my store. Probably goin to put about 300lbs back there. I was alittle worried I amde the wrong choice until me and my girlfreind went out this past weekend in it.. what a ride, is all I can say, lol. I mean that in a clean way btw! Had to run from a statie after being caught speeding. I got away.. This truck is like driving a mustang gt only it's alot nicer! Plus my girlfreind loves it so far so that went very well too.. of course she never actually puts gas in it.. but I still love her anyhow..

If anyone knows someone with 17" rims 4 sale from a newer dodge drop me a pm. Or even if anyone knows about 20" snows or something good in snow for the 20's let me know!

Just a note to someones comment : The 16" rims do not fit over my brakes.

Last edited:
maxout01 said:
Just a note to someones comment : The 16" rims do not fit over my brakes.

I found out that the model of ford that I have I couldn't go smaller than 16"s and it doesn't suprise me with the increased performance in the trucks since then that it's up to 17"s. Every one will have opinions on snow tires for you. Make sure you get something that's good on ice, not just snow. Look for something with siping.

Ive got a Flowmaster 50 Series on my '99 F-150 (5.4L V8) and it sounds nice. Its got a nice, mellow rubmble too it, but its no overly loud or rattly.
As far as the 12.5 mpg, OUCH! I cant say Im surprised though, Dodge trucks arent known for good fuel economy. Oh well, nobody buys a truck for good fuel economy anyways. I cringe bad enough every time I fill the tank in my F-150, and it gets 16-18 mpg on average. I cant imagine how much you dread pulling up to the gaspump every time.

Well it's only got 2,600miles on it. So 12.5mpg in the break in period when I have been racing everything in sight aint bad to me. My freinds father has the same truck only 4x4. His now has 7,000 miles on it and he gets around 16.5mpg now, and that's towing a contruction trailer daily. The blazer I traded for it only got 13mpg and it was half the size of this truck so I can deal. My bosses f-150 only gets 15mpg or so and our f-350 only gets 7mpg. I hope it will get better, but I will have to wait.

The 16" rims will not fit over my rotors. It is a sport truck package and has huge brakes.. which I like, lol. Thanks for the offer though!

I found some snows for the 20's...they are 200 a piece.. sucks to be me as usuall but I will have to deal,lol.
If anyone has any suggestions for snows or what have you let me know I havent purchased any yet.

maxout01 said:
Unfortunately it is riding on 20's and they do not make snow tires for it. I am going to have to pick up a second set of rims and tires, probably 17's.

They do make snows for 20's. As you can see I have 20's on mine but have not got the snows yet. But anyway here is you big Brother.

2538927_4_full.jpg

my father in law has a 02 ram 318 motor and has not seen any better than 12-14 mpg. I have a 94 dodge 1500 with the 5.2 318 that Im currently rebuilding. It only has 238000 miles on it! No ticks and burns no oil. Its a really nice truck.

Back