Exciter project, long tracking etc.

Ike

Well, the sled is almost done now. Windshield will be cut lower. Otherwise it´s pretty much there.

This was the starting point: 978 km´s on it...

14kutmw.jpg

14kw8eh.jpg

Ski´s are made from ´96 XT´s ski´s. Bottom of the ski´s are taken off, frame of the ski´s drilled with over 50 holes to cut weight. And new 10 inch wide ski skins are replacing the old steel bottom. Those should help with the flotation. In the pics other ski is still without the blue paint.

Track is new camo free ride 9034C 14"x136"

Samueljackson also added a homemade mountainstrap.

Engine top was rebuild, fresh pistons, rings and top bearings. Just incase ( long storage time ). Head was cut to ´93 SX specs. Also new SX gasgets are in use now.

Pics:

video : View My Video

Ike

Last edited:

I like the look! SOme serious time put into that project it seems. Glad to see the old sleds still out there with some modernization. Now I wonder how it'll ride. Keep us posted.

Thank´s for the comments!

This was a "cost effective" project. Not too much dinero invested in this sled. So that is why the ski´s are homemade (for the time being). Sled will have new Öhlins front shocks soon as we get them for the dealer.

We´ll post ride report soon as we get more snow...

Ike

nice Exciter! what year?
It looks exactly like my 1990 exciter deluxe. let me know how it works out - I may so something similar to mine. do you got a pipe on it? what did you make the chrome TSS covers out of? they look good. how did the shaved head work out?
Its nice to see more folks like me out there who are still fans of the old TSS series sleds.

Something new to this topic.

Öhlins suspension is now installed and windshield have been cut. Only skids rear shock is WP. Those wide skis are for off trail riding and other plastic skis from -03 RX are for trai.l

Engine comp. is little over 140 psi and its running well, lower head brought more torque and throtlle response is sharper.

3ydoh78.jpg

3y3ot1u.jpg

30kagxc.jpg

Last edited:
Those are Öhlins TSS fronts, Öhlins piggypack front shock for skid, WP shock to the rear of the skid.

Ike

Back