07 bar setup??

03viperguy

would love to have the 07 hooked bar setup on my 03 viper. any idea the cost to get it all ready to bolt on? I have a riser on it, so I am not bothered about the height. any ideas on the handwarmer hookup? can I just plug and play?? thanks!!

ttt......I was thinking of putting my 06 attack bars on my 02 viper when i get them. Are the replacement bars from the apex mountain any taller than the attack? In the paper work it has two part numbers for the sleds, just wondered what the differance was.

I haven't really looked into this a whole lot at this point as I know to buy all the 07 parts your looking at over $300 retail (the grip warmer elements are roughly $123 per side and the bars are $83). As far as retro-fitting a takeoff 06 set-up onto a Viper or other V-Max/SRX/SX-R style sled it would be possible however I believe there is about a 3-5" height difference between those style bars and the 06 style as the 06 bars are almost flat and use the riser to get their height. There would also be the lack of heat issue with the 06 grips as you most likely already are familar with. As far as purchasing the updated bar kits that are being sold for $29.99 to current 06 owners we will only be selling those kits to 06 owners that purchased sleds from us or can physically prove they own 06 sled models that require the update. It would not be fair to sell those kits to non 06 owners while 06 owners wait for them or might not be able to receive them at all if the supply is sold out. The only cost effective solution is to add hooks to your existing bars but in no way due they look as clean or have heat all the way down to the end like the 07 bars due.

As far as the bar height difference between an Attak and a Apex mountain they are almost identical and the height is changed solely by the riser height. The mountain bars due have the strap attached thus the different part number. There is also a part number for Nytro bars which are slighly wider.

thanks. I wasnt trying to get the $29 thing, just the 07 bar setup sold retail. guess I will keep an eye out for something else. the $123 hand warmers are the full length ones that cover the hooks, right? how do the nytro bars compare measurment wise? right now I have stock bars with a 2" riser and the aluminum bar ends. love the feel, hate the cold that they transfer on real cold days. let me know if you come up with anything creative to try :) maybe next summers project as well :)

Yeah the $123 hand warmers are the full length style. The 06 Nytro bars and the 06 Apex bars are similar in height but the Nytro bars are a tad wider. I would think if you could get a set of the newer hooked bars you would need to change out your riser to like at least a 4 to mayber a 6 inch riser to duplicate your current height.

thanks a lot for all the help. I used you for the parts to install my mono shock in my viper ( Eric in NH) and knew you could set me in the right direction! thanks a lot for the input!

Back