pics of the SX 700 tripple *WARNING: large pics*

SX700triple

2upperDeluxe
here are some pics of my sled. dont be afraid to tell me what you think!
DSCN0281.JPG

DSCN0282.JPG

DSCN0284.JPG

thats my truck in the background
Thanks CB Performance for the drop brackets! now what to do for the front?! haha!

i can get a set of front shocks from an apex gt for 50 bucks. do you think those would fit, or way too long?

Last edited:

dead sexy! I really like the red sx with a polished tunnel! not sure that those shocks will fit, different mounts. but for $50, buy them and resell them for more!!! thats a great deal if they arent trashed!

the shocks only have 1 season on them because my boss (whom i would be buying them from) wanted the ohlins instead. thanks for the compliments guys, the old girl really needs a bath and then she REALLY shines :D

sharp sled.....i'm usually not into anything that isn't Yamaha Blue.....but I like that alot....although after ya clean it up and get that tunnel shining I think It'd look even better.......again,,,,nice sled

For some reason, I cant get myself to put hand gaurds on. I like the way they look but i just cant. lol

those sleds look great with silver arms and rods, also, if you dont want to use guards, just carry a set of gauntlets for when it gets really cold. with guantlets, your heaters will be too hot.

as for the shock, look for viper/xtc style shocks, install the upper bushing and bolt them on. if you bolt on vector/apex length shocks, they will be way too long.

why did you install drop brackets on a short sled?

when you did this, did you move the center bolt location down to compesate for the rear lowering. if not, it could mess up the geometry on the fra

never liked the red sleds with a black tunnel, silver looks much better.

seanmurphy, i would be flattered, lol.

BETHEVIPER, the gauntlets are a good idea but my gloves are insanely warm to begin with. the reason for the drop brackets is simple, 1 - i have plans for a 136 ext next year and 2 - i ride in the UP. as far as the center bolt goes, i hadnt moved it yet in the pics but it is moved now.

Nothing like a red sled!Really sharp!If you could get some viper spindles and a couple or bushings that would get the front up.

dont want to steal your thread but heres mine. i think im going to polish the tunnel now

Attachments

• S5030265.JPG
    S5030265.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 14
best way to remove black paitn from tunnel?

Hey guys.

Whats the best way to remove the black paint from the tunnel and get that polsihed look? I also have a 97 700sx.

Mark

I think the best write up on stripping the paint was when 2000srx did it. he has pics and everything. look up threads started by him, and ask again if you still cant find it :)

yea i havent felt the urge to put the seat cover and seat abck on. we just got oh lets see 2 inchs of rain....no ice is even safe...i think its the last year as a trail sled.

Back