Pics of Boomer's SRX Project

Thanks for all the replies. I hope to get some better pictures of the sled out on the snow once we ever get some decent rideable snow around here.

I've already started on the next sled. Can't say too much about that one yet other than it's the first 4-stroke (Apex) that I've worked on. More details to come on this one.

What's the verdict on the white hood on the SRX? I was really torn on what color to go with on the SRX. I chose white to go with something different. Unfortunately the pictures don't really show how the hood looks in good lighting conditions. It's a diamond pearl white and really looks sharp up close and with good light. Let me know what you think of the white.

i like reading about all your projects because they are realistically possible by yamaha. sure some people make some insane and crazy sleds, but yours are amazing because they are built with parts that yamaha uses or could use. the floats, ohlins, monoshock, etc all can be found on yamahas and the way you set them up for ease in tuning to the rider is great as well. can't wait to see the next project ;)!

Can you take some shots under the hood? I am wondering how you could fit an electric start and battery in there??

I dont mind the white at all, but blue really is my favorite color ;) the white looks nice with everything else you have done. all offsets each other and comes together REAL nice

norwegian said:
Can you take some shots under the hood? I am wondering how you could fit an electric start and battery in there??

Still working on the electric start install. It's proved a little more challenging that I thought it would. I won't have any details on the install until everything is in place. Stay tuned....

Don, if the electric start is a battery size problem just go with one of the 4 stroke mini after-market ones should be fine.

Jim

jimmie d said:
Don, if the electric start is a battery size problem just go with one of the 4 stroke mini after-market ones should be fine.
Jim

Jim,
That's exactly what I ended up with. ;)! Got a small one from Mountain Performance that solved my problem.

03viperguy said:
so are you changing skids already?? and if so, to what and why?

You're probably asking that because of the 136" mono skid that I recently had for sale? That was another skid that I had picked up previously that I decided not to use on my current project code named "VX1R". I decided to sell it to someone that could use it.

The 136" mono that's in the SRX with the Ohlins EC is staying in the SRX. That skid/shock combo is a perfect set up for the SRX. ;)!

wow, cool :) cant wait to see another one of your sleds lol! you ought to start a business of it, like the chopper guys :)

This sled look's nothing like it does in the pics,they don't do justice.In person this is the coolest looking sled i have ever seen.Great job Don

Back