Went for my first ride of the year today, but...

hoffam19

when i got going, after speeding up to a pretty good clip, when i let off the gas, there was a weird noise that i've never heared before coming from the clutches. it was kind of sounded like a grinding noise?? no clue what it was though, everything seemed to run good and smooth, everything felt normal, and i know my sled inside and out, so i would feel something out of the norm or if it wasnt running right...it only did it when letting off the throttle after holding it full throttle for a few seconds, so its doing it like when its back shifting off a full shift. I couldnt see anything wrong with it, I ended up saying screw it and rode 100+ miles while it was doing it, but everything seemed to run fine the whole time, it's just making that noise, and it is definatly not anything normal, it is realy loud... cant figure it out... havent tried a new belt yet, the one on there is pretty wore, but IDK if that would make a difference or not... any ideas?

When I serviced my jackshaft brg the two bolts were put in backwards ( nuts facing clutch ) on decel it hit the three belt adj bolts on the clutch making loud grinding noise then would go away as the sled slowed up.

Hmmm, I just changed that bearing and I know the nuts are on the clutch side, because the aluminum around one of the bolt holes cracked so i had it welded, and then i just drilled a hole for the bolt, but the nuts had to be on the outside for the caraige bolts to work in there... I'll check it out tmr, did it ruin anything when you did that??

Back