phazer help

turbo

84 phazer has spark when ever it feels like it,and even then it seems weak,and won't run. where should i start? this is my buddy's sled and has been abused, when i got it it had bad fuel pump and reeds, but i did have it running real rough for a minute. how do you check cdi,and stator? could there be some kind of timming problem? anyone????????

Before you condem the expensive parts , check the connectors to the cdi,stator and ignition switch for any corrosion or just a plain bad connection.
I just had a similar problem with my phazer and it turned out to a corroded connection.

That advise sound good phazer95. If that doesn't work you should do a electrical test. resistance test on all your electrical. I know some spark can be intermittent due to correded coils behind the flywheel. Hope you get her fixed. Brad

thanks for the response! i've checked all the connections already and they all seem to be good, and could'nt find any bare spots on any wire's. i did get it to fire up again, but its only running on 1 cyl. seems like it picks up once in a while,but not long enough to clean out and run. there was spark, but it did'nt seem to be right,it was eratic and not really where it should be on the electrode. i'm sort of lost on the electrical. resistance? what tool is needed to test these components? what are the specs? i have'nt pulled the flywheel yet,but i'm leaning that direction.i would really like to test this stuff first.

You need a Multi-meter to test the resistance. you should be able to get one at your local auto store.

silver

it had a spark from the wire on the bottom of the coil when i reconnected it!!!!!??????????? wtf????????????????

Back