Old Phazer 136 Max Lug height???

snowpromod

Hi,

I have a 136 phazer and was wondering what the max lug height i could run?? I would like to go with a 1.5 or 1.25, are there any changes needed?? Also any good gearing sugestions?? I am building a woods beater...any help would be great. Thanks

I would stay with 1-1.25 inch no more. 1" would be max I would us, just because of HP issues. No other issues. Go for it!
When wifes Mountain Lite needs new track will go to 1" rip or similar.

7's make for a pretty tight bend at the front of the track. I ran 8's with a 1.25"x136 and it worked great here in the flatlands. After the motor mods and the track swap I don't ever remember it not going where ever I pointed it. I used to put it in some silly places just to see where I could go on it and watch my riding partners try to follow the same line.

I put a 1 1/8" Yamaha " Mountain Master" track on my 91 long track. I can see where a 1.25" would fit with some effort but 1.5 would need a driver change. I think the old Phazer long tracks always benifited from lower gears. Just reambember 7 tooth drivers gear down even more.

I put an 1.5" on mine, with 7 tooth drivers. Just the driver change geared it down enough to have PLENTY of snort for the kids, or whoever rode it. I'm tall so I didn't like to ride it much. My son wants to put a bar riser on it and a taller seat now that he is 6' tall. Fun little machine! 1 1/2" is the way to go in my opinion.

I bought a 90 long track with a 2" polaris track. It will go were ever you point it. It will beat up along the way though. Since I'm 6' 4" I picked up a 98 SRX MTN 700 much nicer ride.

Back