Supercharged Vector Mountain

That's will be the ultimate mtn sled for boondocking.I wouldn't mind a 144" just like that.

More pictures!

:jump:

Stock front end total weight: 31.5 lbs
Barkbuster front end total weight: 16 lbs
Fox float front shocks also saved 4.5 lbs so we shed a total of 19 lbs off the front end between adding the Barkbuster front end and also switching to Fox float shocks!

Vector093.jpg

Vector094.jpg

We also installed the EZ Ryde rear skid which saved (as advertised) 27 lbs!

Vector095.jpg

We also fabbed up a cold air intake kit that will allow the supercharger to suck through the stock filter yet as well as an additional filter behind the windshield!

Vector091.jpg

Vector092.jpg

:jump:

Ya, alarm clock woke me up at 8:30, decided I wanted just 15 minutes more of sleep and before I knew it, it was 11 AM. LOL :rofl: Just remembered I can't go next Saturday either because I have a pool tournament. :o| Unless we go early that morning or on Sunday.

If it's ready to go better come over early on Saturday as I'm taking off Saturday afternoon to go see the 08 Yamaha's. I'll probably be tearing the motor (or what's left of it) out of Clifford's.

yea shortstop that vector is pretty sweet. backend on it is about 16'' from ground to bumper. it is a cocky lookin machine.

Do mountain guys ever ride in the dark? I can't fathom no headlights.

srxspec - What other holes did you need to drill for the SC install, I'm a little disappointed you have to cut the delta box and they brag about only drilling 2 3/16" holes for the RX1.

Kinger, do a search for "srxspec" in the TY4stroke.com Turbo/Supercharger section and you will see I have posted where you have to die grind for the installation on an RX-1/Apex kits. You don't actually drill into the delta box on those kits, you simply have to die grind the bottom portion of the lip for clearance.

I was thinking about supercharging a nytro but I really don't want to cut that deltabox. I beleive the kit was designed for the RX1, but i was hoping they followed the same theme on the vector kits.

BTW what is the power at 7psi and pump fuel, 180hp?

7 PSI would be around 175-180 hp yes. I would run the Vector/Nytro around 8-9 PSI on pump fuel as it has lower compression than the RX/Apex sleds putting you around 190 hp.

You guys need to get Jr a handlebar riser! I forgot what riding ditches on a SRX was like! If the handlebars were higher it'd be easier to throw around in the powder too. It just proves if you hit a road approach with enough speed it doesn't matter how heavy it is, it'll fly! LMAO!

:rofl: :Moon:

Srxspec said:
You guys need to get Jr a handlebar riser! I forgot what riding ditches on a SRX was like! If the handlebars were higher it'd be easier to throw around in the powder too. It just proves if you hit a road approach with enough speed it doesn't matter how heavy it is, it'll fly! LMAO!

:rofl: :Moon:

No matter what Jr. does, it's still gonna throw HIM around. :ORC

it probably just felt really weird won side of the bars is 6'' lower lil bent from the hills role over. got new bars with a 2'' riser built in. did some water crossing in fields today. never new how m uch fun that really is. we need more snow.
;)!

That water skipping is great until you sink! LOL! It looks like we'll have good snow to ride for the next 2 weeks! Got a chance to ride the new 2008's and WOW, you better sell the SRX and start saving your cash for a new one! LOL!

Back