oil injection problem

yammy

Got a phazer ll ,took it out and blew it up , oil dose'nt seem to be used ,at least not very much , tore it down ,had a burn spot in middle of pto side in piston ,looked dri like hardly any oil was being used. checked the oil cable and found it to be pulled out of its seated pos. and bent at cable,like a 90*angle. fixed that, put piston back in ,back together..mixed oil in gas, but I still dont see oil being used out of tank. could the pump be shot ...I was under the impression that if pump is shot it would run wide open?/...lots of oil consumption. whats the consensus on this? Would the pump go bad if it was run w/o the cable seated properly? thanks for all your time and responses

If the cable was pull out more then if it was seated I would think i would be geting more oil. I am wrong? but maybe the bending part had some thing to do with it. How can it get bent anyway?

silver

I've never heard of that style pump going bad but who knows,
PZ's sip oil, check your setting should be 21-23mm.

check all oil lines install new..

this phazer has flatslides and an aaen pipe. only used a half quart in 3 tanks of gas(aprox..). must have a lean spot in the midrange me thinks. wonder how i can check it to be sure its gitting oil....maybe ill adjust it in to maybe 18 mm and see if it starts drinkin it!

make sure your oil pump is blead properly. there should be a small phillip head screw on the side. remove it and let it bleed for a while until there is absolutely no air coming out. (this can take a while, like 1 min on some)
good luck,
Russ

Back