Gona get kicked off ty for this one

yammawolf

but as some of you have read i've been looking for a second sled a good powder sled ditch banger etc etc..well i went and found a good deal on a sled here local.seems its just what im looking for. fantastic shape just like bran new just 700 miles on her.shes a long track 151 X 2" the sled was rode 6 times and stored since 03 yes its an 03 ,its black ,silver,and GREEN. with some add ons...if ya never guessed it by now with the color than o well what the heck yes its a CAT M9 (arctic crap) 900cc and she looks nice.... o... oh ,,im bad. but i still have my srx as well ..can we still be friends ????

any1 with xperience on the 03,, M9 or with 1 are they a good sled ?,aside from the cat part ...lol. hows the fuel milage. are they a strong sled..any known problems to look out for?

thanks agn guys...... and please dont :ban: me and :bash: ...lol

don't know much about the m9 but cat's are pretty good sleds and i will switch back to arctic cat once i get done wih vipers. yamaha hasn't really impressed me with anything besides the viper. if i decide not to go back to cat i will buy an apex and then probably go back to cat

Everyone that I talk to said the m9 is an awesome mtn sled and climbs great.

Only problem with the 900's was the odd one the crank goes out of phase as they are not welded pins, should have been. Mine went out at about 4000 miles. Pretty easy fix before or after. Symtom is loss of top end first usually, sled pulls hard up to 85 or 90 then stops pulling. You can check with a dial indicator on the output side. Can destroy the mag bearing and mag if bad enough. Lots were OK too. Tons of torque, I got 16mpg with mine riding hard (trail riding), loved the sled. There are some good heel-clicker set ups for it. Will pull huge primary weights! Enjoy.

""""SRXer""" you still have yours the cat 9 (cat 1m 900) i see you have a srx as well hummmmmm which 1 u like better??

thanks TY.ers for the input it was a good deal had to jump on it could even make a penny if i sell it agn.but thats not the plan, yes I know its a mountain sled and i dont live near the mountains 10-12 hrs away (maybe sometime as ive never tried it) but just plan on off trail ridin her no groomed trails here anyhow but lots and lots of snow must be 5' of snow pure powder in the ditches and feilds here .tried to get my srx across an open swamp the other day and it was very hard going snow was over the seat tried to turn around get out and ya she sunk.sunk bad i was up past my weist had to walk out walk back in with a loooooooooooooong rope and get pulled out by a truck ,,,ya can u say stupid. thats 1 reason why i chose to jump on the cat prob be able to play in the deep fluff more. each sled has its purpose.

gona take her out today and try her out think its gona be fun, gona try her in the deep, ill let ya know how it turns out hope she dont fully convery me but i know from reading cat sites cat guys love em.

I have always rode yamaha ALWAYS quads got 3(04 yfz 450. 04 blaster 200. 03 grizz 60. andhave owned many more through the years they never let me down. i did at 1 time when I was 12-14 i owned a arctic cat lynx she was fun at the time . than i got into yamaha with the bravo etc etc..

so will the cat be an ok all round sled ,trail,deep,powder,off trail,ditch banger.etc...

come on guys dont be...haten.. $4000.oo converted to us funds is 3435.00 I think i did good. he threw in the cat cover and shop manual as well.if that helps ...

Yammawolf I don't have the 9 anymore, rode it 2 years, then traded it on a Cat quad actually. I knew the crank was gone, lost 9mph top end right out of the blue, ran 100% normal other than that. Crank was pulled, indexed and welded, problem solved. It was a ZR not a 1M, same engine. No comparison in stock ride/suspension, but that's why I put an Expert/wide front end on my SRX. Nobody built anything that I wanted particularly, not yet ready for the 4 stroke thing, I always wanted an SRX, so I built what I thought would be the best all round SRX. Now it has the speed and the ride. You will love the torque of that 9, stock clutching was lame on the ZR's, not sure about the 1M's. As stated in an earlier post, lots of good info on arctichat.com.

SRXer said:
Yammawolf I don't have the 9 anymore, rode it 2 years, then traded it on a Cat quad actually. I knew the crank was gone, lost 9mph top end right out of the blue, ran 100% normal other than that. Crank was pulled, indexed and welded, problem solved. It was a ZR not a 1M, same engine. No comparison in stock ride/suspension, but that's why I put an Expert/wide front end on my SRX. Nobody built anything that I wanted particularly, not yet ready for the 4 stroke thing, I always wanted an SRX, so I built what I thought would be the best all round SRX. Now it has the speed and the ride. You will love the torque of that 9, stock clutching was lame on the ZR's, not sure about the 1M's. As stated in an earlier post, lots of good info on arctichat.com.

SO you like the expert front end.did you change out the rear skid as well? how much did it hit you for ?? any pics of your sled love to see it ill be posting my sleds later today

dang should have guessed

well with all the talk of the crank thing .i just called the guy i bought the sled from ,it sat since 03 because the crank went out on it at 1380 miles.so its got 20 miles on the new crank he had it replaced by the cat dealer he has receipts for the work, susposed to be an updated crank, ..he said the lower bearing on the conecting rod went,he has the old crank as well. he is going to show and give it to me .maybe that can be rebuilt as well?? Ive never trusted cats and now this scares me a bit .maybe it should not but? o well its mine now good thing i got the srx as backup might be needin it... :o| :o| :o| :o|

at least when you own an arctic cat, you really learn to be a good mechanic cause you get lots of practice working on it. My son owned a ZR600 for 3 seasons, and i touched every nut and bolt on that thing in 3 years including 2 rebuilds and many hundreds of hours of tuning to get it to run right.

Don't be spooked if the cranks been done. I put 11000 miles between an 01 ZR8 and the 03ZR9. Crank was the only thing I had a problem with. I've already put 2 cranks in my SRX, so they all got problems. Look at all the vipers on here gone down in the last 2 weeks. BTW the Expert is in the rear, the BLT/Works is in the front. I also had a ZRT600 that was a PITA. Woolyviper, those ZR6's had a lot of issues as well. Here's a couple pics of the SRX.
DSC01512.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Long story, but the short version, bought sled used last year, 6000kms, rode it 67miles, punched centre piston, shrapnel took out crank. Complete rebuild, new jugs, pistons, rings, crank, power valves. 1st crank shipped had been dropped and was out 9 thou. Sent back, got another, rode 7 miles spun centre rod bearing-defective crank I guess. All back together now, have about 300 miles on it, checked compression 2 days ago with a Snap-on tester, 140 across the board, so all is good now..finally. Replaced oil and fuel pump and all lines now too for insurance!

SRXer said:
Long story, but the short version, bought sled used last year, 6000kms, rode it 67miles, punched centre piston, shrapnel took out crank. Complete rebuild, new jugs, pistons, rings, crank, power valves. 1st crank shipped had been dropped and was out 9 thou. Sent back, got another, rode 7 miles spun centre rod bearing-defective crank I guess. All back together now, have about 300 miles on it, checked compression 2 days ago with a Snap-on tester, 140 across the board, so all is good now..finally. Replaced oil and fuel pump and all lines now too for insurance!

Sometimes i wonder if alot of these "new" cranks aren't in top shape because since the sleds aren't made anymore these cranks have been sitting around for a few years and who knows what happens to them during that time.

"Woolyviper, those ZR6's had a lot of issues as well."

it had even more problems once it got a d & d pipe and clutch kit - what a nightmare to tune that thing was.

Back