Gona get kicked off ty for this one

well today is over .been out riding her (the cat) got about 6 hours on her now(stop and go) it is very very very different from the srx. not sure how i feel about my buy. for a 900 it seems slow.does not have the jam or the get up and go or arm wrenching power as my srx. does not corner like the srx. i know i know its a diff sled but i did not think that diff. I've never ridden a mountain sled.off the line my srx smokes it same in the mid range and top end the cat is a joke.(GLAD I KEPT MY SRX) , I must say in the deep fluff the cat is great,great at carving taking off in the deep stuff from a dead stop is great as well .my friend on his srx was stuck in weist deep powder I stoped beside him helped him out got back on the cat and drove away that was cool.BUT I just dont know ,not sure how i feel about the cat ,maybe it'll grow on me but all i know is the next time i go trail riding with my friends ill take my srx unless it all powder riding ,which it never is.

SO my conclusion so far is that you just cant get both from the same sled.meaning you cant have a arm wrenching, very fast trail lake sled do what a powder sled can do or vice versa. its 2 very diff types of riding and 2 very diff types of sleds .guess ya need to buy the sled for the conditions of snow where you live. and be happy with what ya got. the other sled is not always better.

If I were in the mountains my srx would suck the cat 9 sucks here on the trail so far anyhow .I know i only spent 4000 on it and if i decide to sell i can get my money back thats not the issue. just dont really know if its the sled i thought it would be. i expected more zip ,jam ,ripping power. the srx tripple got me spoiled i guess. but right now i feel i wasted my $$$$ .wish 1 could ride for a few hours b4 we had to buy it ..

900 cats

Yammawolf,

I did exactly the same thing as you this winter. I have an 01 srx and had the chance to buy an 03 zr 900 with 3000 miles for $3500, woman owned. It was all stock except for a can...just like my SRX. I bought it figuring since it was a 900 it should have some balls. I never rode anything but yamaha so I figured I'd take this chance to give Cat a try.

The ZR 900 has nothing on the SRX. First, it is a big and wide sled and it not as tight handling as the SRX. It does have more midrange than the SRX, but the SRX really has some nice power and feels better than the ZR900. The is just something about that triple powerband compared to the twin. The CAt seems almost lazy compared to the SRX. I expected more out of a 900.

My Dad took my SRX and I took the ZR 900 and we raced on the lake. The ZR pulled the SRX wicked off the line because it had studs and the SRX didnt. We raced again at a 40mph start and the ZR jumped in front and then the SRX came back and Took the ZR on top end and slowly walked away.

Anyways, it was a big sled and I didn't really like it, so after 200 miles I traded it toward a used RX-1 at the Yamaha dealer. They gave me $3800 for it (Awesome!). So now I have an Rx-1 and an SRX...that's my story.

ok so an update on the cat thing... been out on her 3 days now and the more i ride it the better it feels.(not as good as my yamaha)but, I did some clutch,track, ski, front end,adjustments.down sized the jetting he had 460 mains in it from up in the mountains (very fat for sea level) anyhow sled is much metter and yes its a blast in the deep powder .went riding across a feild and a swamp stoped and got off the sled snow was up to my weist (aprox 4' of powder deeper in other parts) climbed back on and drove off ,I was impressed ,try that on my srx and I will be digging till spring

.. It is for sure a completly diff sled and designed to do what it was made for. its great at jumping as well soaks up the bumps and the landings well. still need some more time on it to get a better feel . dont like how the motor sounds tinnny, tangy, still afraid shes gona blow .lol.. no trust in her yet. not gona be doing any 100 -300 mile rides on her for a while ..ill take my trusty srx for that

Back