Argggg..temps already!!! :(

daman

she's going to be warming up around here this week talking in the 40's
this week,high 30's low 40's!!! maybe rain, WTF this was a short season.. :o|

sounds like it could be all over already..:(

anybody else seeing a warm up this week?

Yesterday was probably the end of the season for me as the snow in the western chicago suburbs will be gone by next week, highs in the 40s. Only good thing is it looks like I can make it another couple seasons on my o3 Viper. At this rate I may never need a new snowmobile for at least 5 years.
Im so happy I bought 2 atvs in the past 1 1/2 years my depression level is much lower than it used to be in the off season. 600 miles this year with only 1 trip to the u.p.

chitownpete@yahoo.com said:
Yesterday was probably the end of the season for me as the snow in the western chicago suburbs will be gone by next week, highs in the 40s. Only good thing is it looks like I can make it another couple seasons on my o3 Viper. At this rate I may never need a new snowmobile for at least 5 years.
Im so happy I bought 2 atvs in the past 1 1/2 years my depression level is much lower than it used to be in the off season. 600 miles this year with only 1 trip to the u.p.
ya me too, bought a couple used warriors two years ago...

dont feel bad guys..up here in quebec were supposed to be covered in 6ft of snow and more up in the mountains. so far we have maybe 1.5 feet and they are calling for rain this week. its already bad enough that there are rocks sticking out in alot of the trails.. byebye 2007 season:(.. atleast my sled wont need much maintenance next year lol

92vwgti said:
dont feel bad guys..up here in quebec were supposed to be covered in 6ft of snow and more up in the mountains. so far we have maybe 1.5 feet and they are calling for rain this week. its already bad enough that there are rocks sticking out in alot of the trails.. byebye 2007 season:(.. atleast my sled wont need much maintenance next year lol
Yea mine too looks like i'll be doing '08-09's here in a week or so..

still got the SRX in the shop gota finish that then the other two will come
in..

Yeah this warm weather is gonna be great. Just what we need... :o|
puke1.png
puke2.png

Sure glad I got a good ride in over the weekend in the UP (541 miles), looks as if it's the last for 06/07 season :whine: Only got 921 miles this year (3 trips), usually average 1000 - 1200 (4 or 5 trips), I guess that's not bad considering the short season we've had. Sure hope next year is a little longer and better. -Ed

Sheermadness03 said:
Sure glad I got a good ride in over the weekend in the UP (541 miles), looks as if it's the last for 06/07 season :whine: Only got 921 miles this year (3 trips), usually average 1000 - 1200 (4 or 5 trips), I guess that's not bad considering the short season we've had. Sure hope next year is a little longer and better. -Ed
thats a good ride for sure...i'm down on milage too, #$%&* #$%&*

well we had like 10 inches here as of yesterday but now it was 45 degrees today with full sun and were down to 4 inches. it doesn't matter anyhow my sled's blown up so i ain't going anywhere

viperking said:
well we had like 10 inches here as of yesterday but now it was 45 degrees today with full sun and were down to 4 inches. it doesn't matter anyhow my sled's blown up so i ain't going anywhere
She'll be ready for next year..

well the season might not exactly be over but the trails will be iced here by the weekend.. theres a low coming from colorado towards quebec that will bring snow-sleet-freezing rain. too early to tell.. lets all pray for snow

It was 43 degrees today here in southern Wisconsin. The trails are all pretty much mud and the snow is fading fast.
Im going up to NE Wisconsin this weekend and Im hoping to ride at least 400 miles (that would give me 1000 miles for the year), but Im not holding my breath. They are talking temps in the mid 30s all this week in NE Wisconsin and considering the trails were thin to begin with Im not getting my hopes up.
Oh well, if nothing else I will go to the WPSA National in Eagle River.
Im OK with winter pretty much being over. Motocross season begins in 6 weeks. ;)!

Warming up here too!

It is warming up here in South Western ontario too calling for a high of 3c or about 36 F for a few days then back down to minus 6C or approx 26 F. We have several feet of snow, so the trails should survive the warmup, thankgod, since I only have about 750 miles so far. 2 hours north of my place there is approx 4-5 feet of white gold, so we should be okay for awhile. More snow for the weekend, just hoping it doesn't rain.

Yeah it's warming up here with a little bit of rain in the forcast but we atleast have some snow so I think we will survive as well. As long as it doesn't get too warm and for too long even a little bit of rain will help the trails pack down and make for a pretty good base when the temps drop back down.

Yeah here in the Keweenaw Peninsula we'd seen temps in the mid 20's, and we're suppose to be in the 30's. We're way behind in the snow fall. Maybe 1/4 of the amount we're used to. The worst part is that I've only put 370 miles on all year because of the crappy conditions. Yeah we may have more snow than others, but the trails are so beat up because everyone is coming up to ride.

vibeline said:
We still have march...there is still time to ride. this is just the January thaw coming a little late.
Yea but around here we never seem to recover fron Jan. thaw..:(

Back