Thanks to anonymous riders

JeepTherapy

I am sure many on here know of my disability. Today I took the viper for a ride from Negaunee up to Big Bay. Stopped to take a few pictures along the way. Well one of the times I pulled over I managed to get the viper stuck. If I get stuck I am at a complete loss. I don't have the strength to lift it out or the stamina to dig it out.

Two guys riding 4 stroke yammies stopped and got me out. I must have looked pretty panicked as one of the guys commented on it. If I screw up on the sled I will loose it and probably loose my drivers license too. So if by chance you guys log in here a huge thanks to you!

Thats a great story. I think with your condition you would really enjoy the riding up in Canada (with a group of course) some of the trails up there are wide wide and table top flat!! Wawa and Duberville just got blasted and are in for another round next week.

I got a laundry list of issues. I was on prednizone for a prolonged time. That is some nasty stuff. I got a handful of vertabra glued together and both of my hips have been replaced because of it. Because of the amount of damage to my left hip and the delay in replacement I got some nerve damage. I usually walk with a cane but I haven't solved how to carry it on the sled. When I drive the jeep I toss the cane in and use a bucket with a rope on it to get in and out.

I was on Prednisone once for an extended period of time and you're right it's some nasty #$%&* I had an anxiety attack from that #$%&* and thought for sure I was going to die. Then my doctor told me to cut down the dosage and slowly get off from it but I never took it again and never will, even though it did help me out a lot. They said they had me on too much for too long :o|

JeepTherapy said:
I got a laundry list of issues. I was on prednizone for a prolonged time. That is some nasty stuff. I got a handful of vertabra glued together and both of my hips have been replaced because of it. Because of the amount of damage to my left hip and the delay in replacement I got some nerve damage. I usually walk with a cane but I haven't solved how to carry it on the sled. When I drive the jeep I toss the cane in and use a bucket with a rope on it to get in and out.

Check a marine store they have clips that clip a rod or a net or something like that. Don't know what diamter it is. You could install it so it clips into the side of the tunnel next to your leg. Another idea depending on how long it is, you could clamp it to the trailing arm, but it would take a beating. How about making a custom cane just for snowmobiling out of aluminum and you could fit that to the sled as you need. Lots of ideas, who has more?

JeepTherapy said:
Sorry to hear that, nice story there..

we were in lower michigan last weekend around keeler area and south. we were actually south of the gas station on m-140 and we saw a guy with a wheel chair strapped to the back of his sled! it was pretty cool! ;)! i told my wife, if anything ever happens to me , we will be doing the same thing! its cool about your passion for our sport and you are living proof that even when times get tough never to give up doing what you love and anything can be accomplished if you have the heart for it! :rocks:

Back