SRX vs Skidoo GSX

srxburns

Not sure where I should post this but I have a few comparison questions regarding my current SRX and the Skidoo GSX 800:
Has anyone owned or rode the GSX?
Is it as fast as a SRX?
How is it on fuel, compared to the SRX?
Is it as reliable?
Is the overall ride and handling much better?
Would anyone recommend this machine even though it is not a Yamaha?

srxburns said:
Not sure where I should post this but I have a few comparison questions regarding my current SRX and the Skidoo GSX 800:
Has anyone owned or rode the GSX?
Is it as fast as a SRX?
How is it on fuel, compared to the SRX?
Is it as reliable?
Is the overall ride and handling much better?
Would anyone recommend this machine even though it is not a Yamaha?

I have not owned one but know some about them.
They are probably a little better on fuel than the srx in most conditions and riding styles as the fuel delivery is more precise and its single pipe.
Reliability? The chassis is rock solid, but the engines have the ring problems and crank problems that are somewhat plaguing them. SRX's are rock solid.
The overall ride will undoubtedly be much better, the handling depends on conditions. For smooth trails the srx is very hard to beat but on anything other than that the skidoo will be better.
Overall, i would recommend one if you can find out about a good solution to the engine problems.

I have 3 buddy's with 600 GSX's 2 with SDI and one without. I don't care for them at all. Typical rev ride charcteristics, but the shocks are junk, bottom out hugely!!! You NEED the HPG res. shocks. Don't ry to rip it,you'll learn quick and absolutley NO JUMPING with the GSX. Engine is OK, but I get better MPG's with my triple piped Viper. I think your SRX is going to have comparable MPG's. IMO.

As you can tell in my icon to the left...I wanted a GSX before I grabbed my viper...
I heard the 800's where sorta dogs in comparison to the 600sdi's...however..they didn't blow rings either...Although I hate to go against yamaha...and I'll get reamed here..but I'd get the GSX...its not faster than a SRX..but its a hole new beast incomparison...all machines are heading towards the rider forward platform...the SRX is not that...but a rocket indeed...but in the twisties and bumps...GSX all the way...and you can add a 2up seat easily or other accesories..bag...tank..etc..and well...IMO...the GSX looks great and has yamaha colours...GRinAnd on somewhat of a loyal front after all BRP has been through...its a Canadian Product...
However...to TY members...if you set him free...he will return...hehehehehe...the Nytro says it all..

Last edited:
Id stick with the power and reliability of the SRX, and spend some money of suspension upgrades, Ohlins with extension up front, matched with a ExpertX:wink: or mono. The rear suspension would all depend on what type of riding you do most. Search pics for TOPGUNNSRX sled to get an idea of what your sled would look like with a Expert and Ohins up front. If your more of a stand up rider spend some doe on new cables, bars, and riser. Cause after riding a Rev the forward position really sucks for sitting, and not much better for standing for ME. Cause I stand one foot in front of the other while going through any kind of bumps, not parallel from one another. So the forward rider position doesnt do much for me really. But again thats ME and MO.

Last edited:
I know many guys that have wadded their revs up bad at very low speeds. Culvert at 15 mph , ditch at 20 mph , and a guard rail post at about 15 mph for example. All sleds bent the bulkhead and estimates were around $3500-$4000 to repair. I myself want a sled that isn`t gonna break under such small impacts.

S.S.Viper said:
As you can tell in my icon to the left...I wanted a GSX before I grabbed my viper...
I heard the 800's where sorta dogs in comparison to the 600sdi's...however..they didn't blow rings either...Although I hate to go against yamaha...and I'll get reamed here..but I'd get the GSX...its not faster than a SRX..but its a hole new beast incomparison...all machines are heading towards the rider forward platform...the SRX is not that...but a rocket indeed...but in the twisties and bumps...GSX all the way...and you can add a 2up seat easily or other accesories..bag...tank..etc..and well...IMO...the GSX looks great and has yamaha colours...GRinAnd on somewhat of a loyal front after all BRP has been through...its a Canadian Product...
However...to TY members...if you set him free...he will return...hehehehehe...the Nytro says it all..

BOOOOO :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :whine:

Back