98 srx radious rods

MSRXRider

Does anybody know what the stock length of the radious rods should be? I bought a used srx and just want to make sure everything is ok. :letitsnow

thats correct. what really makes this sled work better off trail is the narrower mountain max radius and tie rods. this will raise the front bumber height 2+ inches as this sled sits low in the front. stock it plows, raised it floats! also a transfer enhancement kits makes this sled rock off trail.taller bars or bar risers help with control and sidehilling.

any year mountain max? Whats a transfer kit? I'm working on the taller bars. I'm going with a pivot block and already have the longer cables. I have light weight trailing arms on the sled also. Needs more weight or raised up. raised up was what my brother was thinking.

skiis

the best mod I did was to put Simmons on my 98 MSRX , the stock ski was bad everywhere. Yamaha just longtravelled a SRX and put a 136 1 1/2 " track on and called it a mnt sled. Needs tweeking. Should have 40.9" stance centre to centre 8" front travel 11.5" rear travel. The only long travel on a SRX OEM

i'd have to check my notes, but what your looking for is the 38" stance control rods. its a direct bolt on. if your having steering problems, simmons skis help. also try reducing the spring tension on your ski shocks. assuming no ohlins, back the spring off and leave about 1 1/4" of thread showing on the shock. if you have the owners manuel it will list the minimum for shock adjustment.

It does have simmons skis. I have the sled sitting on the ground and the skis are 42" apart. With it off the ground its 41 3/8" I measured the front springs and they are 8 3/8" with no weight on them. The shocks are the KYB's. I have a 99 mountain max and its the ski's are 38" apart with the skis on the ground. I dont have a manual yet.

42.1 " wide suspension is for the newer SXrs & vipers with kayabas and 9" of front end travel. The shocks mounts are different from yours. In your case the wider the stance less ski pressure like Snowdad says but in reverse.

So I need to raise the front end up? Doing so would make the track sit on the ground all the way back not just on the front of it. Right? Thanks for all help.

yes

Lifting the front will flatten the track angle so it is spread more even. Stock the front of the track is further down than the rear which will lessen ski pressure on acceleration. You can also tighten up your limiter straps to fix this. You should have the straight rate springs on your shocks OE not the progressive rate.

As far as I know the shocks are OEM. I tightened the straps up a little ,but I still about 3/4" of thread I could use up. I will try and get a picture up later for you can see what I'm working on. Thanks

Heres some pictures of my srx. the rear of the track is 3/4" off the ground. raising the front end with a jack cures this problem. So I think I'm going to get some mtn max rods. I only have 6" of travel compared my mtn max which has 8"
Picture110306094.jpg
Picture110306092.jpg
not a bad sled for the $1200.00

Last edited:
i am running an srx with a 151. it took nearly 2 seasons took address all the problems. i have a mtn perf tunnel, rolled chain case, mtn max suspension. believe me, unless someone else has gone through the endeavors of making this particular sled work, the voice of experience rings strong! if you are in spokane, i am 100 miles south in the lewiston/clarkston area. listen to my advice and the sled will work. pm me your phone number and i will give you a call.

I picked up some upper rods from a 97 mm700 and they turned out to be longer the my 99's. Which sleds have the shorter rods? I have to take these back.

Back