Setting phazer belt deflection??

tweaked 250r

Changed the belt on a 93ish yamaha phazer 488 I believe it is. The new belt sits lower in the secondary and being a ski doo guy :bash: I dont know how to set the belt deflection on this sled. If anybody could help me out I would appriciate it. thanks

To change that you have to pull the motor forward or back to loosen it. But you should not have to do that if it is a stock belt unless some one moved it. I would make sure it's the right one first.

silver

Shims Go In Between The Movable And Fixed Sheave On The Shaft With The New Belt As It Wears And Sinks In The Secondary You Keep Taking Shims Out To Get It Apart You Need C-clip Tool To Take The C-clip On The Back Off Thats Located On The Helix Side, Make Sure You Remember What Holes The Spring Was In On The Helix And The Movable Sheave. It Sounds Like There Is Too Many Shims In There Or Maybe You Might Have The Wrong Belt. Good Luck!

There are 2 shims between the 2 sheaves.one should be removed when belt wears to 30.6 mm 1.21 in. wide . Center to center distance between the two clutches is 267 - 270mm . The sheave offset is 10.5 - 11.5mm 0.41 - 0.45in. .This comes out of the original yamaha service manual .Leave reply and I will copy and send you pages .

Back