Yamaha, 40 Years Of Snowmobiles. 3:16

Best Yammy

My beloved RED ROCKET- 97 SX700 (W/ tripple pipes!)
handled & sounded like an indy car !

fave sled

My all time favorite was the 1993 Exciter II SX. Limited Production, best of the exciters. Had many great times with it, whether in the powder or the lake.

Very interesting topic. As I haven't owned many Yamahas (or sleds for that matter) let me be the first to nominate the new four-stroke sleds (RX-1 to current) because they have revolutionized the snowmobiling industry have essentially determined the future of snowmobiles IMO.

1995 V-Max 4, Quad pipes set up by Bruce Schrader at Maxximum Performance.That sled rocked in a straight line. Still think it was the fasted sled I have ever owned!
Sleeper

I really like my Apex Mountain, but man I'd hate to ever see my 97 SX 700 go....so after a tough choice I choose my 97 SX 700 as my sled.

I 'll agree with Yammiegod 3:16 the 79 SRX was an awesome sled and I hope someday I can find one to have in my collection again.

I will always be a fan of the vipers style and looks... But who puts a 1000cc 4 stroke motorcycle motor in a sled? That is magic on snow if you ask me! I had an FZ1 and it was a monster. Crazy fast...
I can remember being a kid and looking at the vmax 4 in black for hours on end as well. Tough choice...

Back