Mercury sled ?

pro116

Lifetime VIP Member
My buddy has a chance to purchase these two sleds from this elderly guy that's very sick for 800.00 for the pair.One is the first merc model ever made it's a 150cc.And the opther is the last model they made a 79 trail twister 440 both are in great shape the 440 has some spider lines in the paint on the hood.
But my question is what's the difference between the trail twister and the sno twister.Thank's

The difference was the Sno Twisters were more of a race sled - same chassis and hood but more HP and different graphics - they were really built to compete with the SRX's on oval tracks - I think there was roughly 10 to 15 hp difference between the Sno Twister and the Trail Twister - the Trail Twisters were blue and white and the Sno Twisters were red and white - I remember as a kid seeing some pretty cool oval races with SRX's and Sno Twisters - Sno Twisters would creep up on them on the curves then the SRX would pull away on the straits!!

sno twister is a FAST liquid and the trail twister is a FAST fan cooled. get them, for $800 the trail twister alone is a STEAL!!! chack out www.vintagetwister.com
I have a 76 trail twister 440, its fun and handles pretty well. real wide for the time :)

yes, and the trail twister was a 75 and 76 340 or 440 fan cooled motor. the 74 sno twister was also the only year it was a 400. all kohler motors and like I said, fast!

Back