1979 Enticer??

JonIggy

I have the option of getting a 79 Enticer for around $150, probably $130. It is a 250 and supposively in excellent condition. It ran before but it won't run now. It might be something simple...Would it be worth it? I could probably part it out for more than that...

Are you in this for an investment or to ride? If you bring a compression guage with you, that will tell you all you need to know. Even if the engine is gone though, $150 is one hell of a deal. I say Yes.

I don't know yet. I want a summer project. I already have a sled and I really don't trust my brother on one since he ran my bike into the side of the house so I would probably sell it in the winter. I could get it for 125 cash and I will go from there. My dad is intrested in riding but I will not start him off on an enticer with his back.

I bought a 78 Enticer 250 a year or so ago for $150. The guy said it was running and just stopped. I pulled starter robe and compression felt good. Went to check spark plug and the wire was broke. I put a $17.00 dollar coil on it and some fresh gas 10 pulls later it was running. Go for it. Slowly pull the starter rope and you will tell it has good compression or not.

Actually, I can get the sled for $100. I promised the guy I would help him fix his sled so I might get a great steal! I probably will sell it off to get some cash.

Buy it!!!

I grew up with one of these they are tough!

It took running with a scored cylinder(oil pump disconed on it during a ride) for 7 years to fry the rings. Bored it and bang good to go. Damn things does just over 100kph and will take some of the new 340's in a long stretch. Only major reoccuring problem that we had was the coil wire breaking off next to the coil.

Back