What skis to fit on Viper Mountain

kimoaj

Hi guys!

Going to replace the skis on my Viper for some better ones.

At first I thought of using the same type of skis that my friend have on his 2005 RS Vector MTN, part number 8FK-23711-00-BK , but then I remembered that they arent mounted the same way.

They don`t have the "saddle" .

Can I fit them to my Viper somehow?. Without paying alot of $$$.

What other options do I have?. I bet aftermarked ones are much expensiver then the 100$ Yamaha skis. (per ski).

Wellwell would be cool if someone could give me some opinions on this:).

Joakim.

Yes you can fit the new style mtn ski's on your viper.They use a longer boldt and spacers so you adjust the stance.If you go under the yamaha microfince under the 2005 or newer sleds you can see all the hardware it uses.You can make some spacers your self to save some money but will need a long er boldt.
Port yamaha offer's 16% off of retail so it would probaly be cheapest get them through them if you can because of customs I can get them for you and ship them.

There is a set of Simmons gen II's with yamaha mounts in the Snowest swapmeet right now for 350ish I think. But I've not heard anything bad about the new OEM mountain ski if you can actually get everything you need for 200+/-
Simmons gen I's are what I run on my viper and they work quite well.

I know this has been beat to death. But just my 2 cents worth.
Had the simmons and were OK, but switched to the Yami powder ski (new version) and a totally different sled. Way more float and deep snow handling than simmons gen I.

Saddless skis will fit provided you install 2 longer bolts 90105-10106, 2 new bushings 90387-10036, and 4 spacers 90387-16013.

Hi guys!

Thanks alot for the replies, all my questions were answered.
I think I will get a pair of the new Yamaha mountain ski`s, I was worried that they wouldnt fit but if they do then it`s perfect.
Thanks alot for offering me shipping help pro116, will contact you if necessary:).
I will ask Rich if he can get me them, hopefully some red ones.
Thanks OZ for the numbers.
Snomoguy: Made it easy for me to make up my mind:).
Erikb: Thanks for the reply.

:).

Joakim

Back