My Trip To Africa

tomseal6

VIP Member
HI guys,

Some of you know that im deployed to the horn of africa and i just wanted to say things are going pretty good over here. we have a live band just about every night and a ton of fun trips to go on including a deep sea fishing trip on a charter boat that I'm taking this weekend. Only cost me $35 to go for the entire day and keep what you catch, rod and bait included. We get to go swimming as well. I hope theres no sharks. Im going down to kenya soon for a visit so I hope to see MT. Kenya as well. Its very very hot over here however, next month it will be black flag for heat conditions. Very close to 100 already. Africa has the hottest place on earth not too far from here. Im very busy during the day but party it up pretty good at night time. So far I dont think ive drank as much in a year as i did in the last 2 months.

I was in Iraq last year and this deployment is a 180 from what ive seen in iraq. I couldnt believe i got a break from that this time. Im going to south korea in june of 2008!! I was in korea back in 2000 and had a great time there like i am having here.

For all you guys that I was on the TY ride with, I hope to see yous again and Ill be home in august heading up to michigan for the mackinaw city corvette show to put my 01 vette in the show.

Peace for now, Tom

Last edited:

you need to have a picture taken with a totallyamaha shirt in as many locations as posible, we can start a shirt picture thread in the photo section. i stole this idea from the company that makes the prince edward island dirt shirts. they have a wall with pictures of their shirts all around the world people have sent them.
you can be the first

Good to hear things are going well for everything but your liver Tom.
I like the shirt idea too! I'm pretty sure no one will have theirs in as exotic locations.

Enjoy Africa and remember not to bend over in front of any elephants if you've been eating peanuts the night before.

Peace to you too Tom

Take care and enjoy buddy!

Do your military buddies know about the "fluffer" ?? :rofl:

whats happenin' tom! sounds like its more play than work over there! good for you! stay cool in that heat, drink water! we'll catch you again next year on one of the TY rides!

thanks guys,

it is exactly 2:30 AM and I just got in from the bar!! WOW i have to get up in 4 hours to go on this fishing trip. there will be a few cameras out there tomorrow so i will have some pics up of that great white i catch. Ill be wearing my TY hat that i got from the muni TY ride this year. I dont have a T-shirt

mike fluffer has come out again tonight but only this time a very very old fluffer lol. Ill let you take the vette for a cruise when I come up this summer for a beer.

FYI this country has a very very high population of aids so if you wouldnt mind sending me a bottle of hand lotion, i would appreciate it very much.

and here he is! :)
HPIM1309.jpg

HPIM1307.jpg

HPIM1306.jpg

HPIM1305.jpg

good work there buddy, keeping things safe for the rest of us! goota keep beer outta the hands of minors! you keep putting it in the one place they cant get at it ;) seriously though, good to hear from you and as always, thanks! Eric

who is that chick in there? an off duty army chick? i thought that it wasn't right to mix the army and navy? kind of like an interratial thing..... still waiting for the pic. of that great white from the fishing excursion!

She is the lead guitar player and singer. Its her band. Called the Nikki Barr Band. They are out of Baltimore Maryland. We have bands that come here all the time doing USO tours for service members. It makes the quality of life and morale a little better being thousands of miles away from home.

Im still waiting for the fishing trips pics to get posted on the share drive. Thats another process. Later for now. Tom

BETHEVIPER said:
you need to have a picture taken with a totallyamaha shirt in as many locations as posible, we can start a shirt picture thread in the photo section. i stole this idea from the company that makes the prince edward island dirt shirts. they have a wall with pictures of their shirts all around the world people have sent them.
you can be the first

BTV,

if you can send me a shirt,I will take on this tasking with great success. i still have 10 years left in the service of traveling the world before I retire

Mrsled is busy alot and I bother him too much already with my new fluffer stories

Back