SRX 1108 Race Sled Buildup

valin said:
Well I'm back, and have some work to do. The initial warmup 1/2 pass went fine.....ran it up to 120 mph or so just to check wash and temps....all ok. We rolled into it pretty slow, had some slight belt slippage on the bottom, but nothing too drastic, and it peaked in the mid 130's for hp, which was pretty decent to start with. Then, all hell broke loose, and by hell, I mean the track. On the second pass, at 137 mph the track decided it was outta there, and completely grenaded, leaving it's mark of destruction on my tunnel, bulkhead, and my in-tunnel brake setup. I am quite thankful that I was running a track with no pics or chisels in it, as that would have probably destroyed my chassis. Needless to say, I have some straightening to do.

No worries, things like this happen. I will be heading back on the track dyno again next week.

that really sucks. see, w/snowmobiling, its always something. that's why i wouldn't mind getting outta the sport and put more time and money into my banshee. sorry to hear about that valin. hopefully you'll have it fixed soon enough.

oh yeah, good thing no studs, cause that would have been real havoc.

Well I bet I'm older then all or most of you guys, started riding sleds in the early 60's and I'm in this for as long as I can ride. After approx 40 years of racing, I sold my Mod sleds, stretched my improve stock SXs and SRX to 144" and quit racing a few years back as I must admit I was getting weary of the time and money spent to remain competitive.
I started long, planned trail rides with some friends and it reenergized me completely to the sport! I work on my sled as little as possible now, set it up for reliability, gas mileage and handling, with a performance slant, and enjoy the miles + miles of smiles!

Works for me!

Bob

Well, racing for me is officially over. This sled is going to be parted out, and everything is available as of now. I am glad that this happened to me, and not to a customer after they purchased the motor.

I had a bit of an issue with the motor this past weekend, which explains the problems that i have been struggling with for a while now.

2011-02-28132839.jpg

2011-02-28132859.jpg

2011-02-28132914.jpg

2011-02-28143720.jpg

valin said:
Well, racing for me is officially over. This sled is going to be parted out, and everything is available as of now. I am glad that this happened to me, and not to a customer after they purchased the motor.

I had a bit of an issue with the motor this past weekend, which explains the problems that i have been struggling with for a while now.

2011-02-28132839.jpg

2011-02-28132859.jpg

2011-02-28132914.jpg

2011-02-28143720.jpg
Is this the one with the Black hood with blue flames?? If so I want the hood!! PM me

staggs65 said:
ouch. thats too bad. i'd really like that proline in your class. ad. but i think the wife would shoot me if i spent any more money on the sled right now.

Tell her it would make you happy, and that you'd then be easier to live with :)

Too bad the motor had a small issue....lol
I wanted to see you run in North Bay
DAMN should have went to the first race

holy shit valin!!! sorry to hear about the engine issue. also, a buddy of mine had the same thing happen on his yz250 when he was practicing. he had a pos wiseco crank in it and the rod snapped, and cut right thru the cases, thru the cylinder, and thru the vforce reed. amazing enough his piston looked brand new. anyhow, that sucks for you. see, its always something w/snowmobiles. i can scream my banshee all i want and that bitch stays together. even w/cheap hotrods taiwan bearings in it.

Back