Fitting 05 yamaha mountain ski on viper mtn

kimoaj

Hi !

I`m going to get the newer type of mountain skis for my Viper.
The skis are $101,95 (red ones) but I guess I have to get all of the collars, new mounting bolts, collars for the mounting bolts?.
Will I need the collar inside the rubber stopper?.

I found out that the pull-handles on the skis are the same as the ones on my viper so I wount be ordering them.

Would be cool if someone could reply, I don`t want to order parts if I don`t need them.

Thanks.

Joakim

Mnt Ski

Check out Ronnies Microfiche parts site. The Plastic ski is cheap the rest of the parts adds up to a lot more depending on what you need.

A Thought

HYFLYR on the 4 strke site had a pair complete for sale, not red but with all the parts and very reasonable.

The handles are the same, the skegs are the same, but the ski is wider and so the mounting hardware (bolt, bushing, and then the spacers) you will need to get for the new skis. Bolt is same size, so you can us your nut.
I did the same thing........way cheaper and a better powder ski than the simmons.

Hi guys!

Thanks alot for all the replies!.

Before I wrote the thread I was making a part list by using ronnies microfiche and I found out that I needed these parts:
Saddleless Mountain
Skis Bottoms, Red 8FK-23711-00-RD 2 $101.95 = 1346,-
RUNNER 8EN-23731-00-XX 2 $31.95 = 422,-
NUT,LOCK 95717-08300-00 12 $2.24 = 177,-
WASHER,PLATE 90201-08784-00 8 $0.86 = 45,50
BOLT, FLANGE 90105-10106-00 2 $3.91 = 51,50
NUT,SELF-LOCKING 95607-10200-00 2 $1.65 = 22,-
COLLAR, 1 8EX-F3754-00-00 4 $8.95 = 236,-
BUSH, SKI 1 8EK-F3751-00-00 8 $3.95 = 208,50
BOLT (83L) 97027-08100-00 2 $1.77 = 23,-
BOLT,HEXAGON 97017-08055-00 2 $0.82 = 11,-
COLLAR 90387-16013-00 4 $1.57 = 41,50
COLLAR 90387-10036-00 2 $6.77 = 90,-

(last number is the $ in Norwegian kroners).

So it got more expensive then I thought, but I guess they will still be cheaper then aftermarket ones.

Gild, I want the red ones, sorry:).
Snomoguy, I think I have figured it out. I guess I don`t need to order the bolts for the handles but it ain`t that much $ so I`ll just order it to make sure that I wount have to use any un-original bolts, I hate that.

So in other words you will need all the collars for the carbides, a new longer mounting bolt with collars (spacers) and the long collar that is around the mounting bolt?.

Any opinions on the skis btw?. Good ?.

I agree with all on the powder ski, my Vector has them. They are great in the powder, quite aggresive in set up snow and really not that bad on the trails.

I put on Duelly carbides and any darting was totally eleminated. I've got the rear set for better transfer so I don't have much weight on the front and they still handle well.

You cant go wrong for the price.

All of the mounting stuff is standard hardware that you should be able to pick up cheap or make easily. You can simply get the skis and then measure for what is needed, or I can give you the specs if you are in a hurry.

Grapeape: Thanks for your opinion:)

Loneviper: Cool!. How much was the Duelly carbides?. Much improvement?.
I noticed the I had to hang much out on the side of the sled when I was turning around, while going down a hill.. if you know what I mean. It had a tendency to go straight forward.. .

Ding: I guess I could get the parts somewhere else but I`ll get the stock parts, I don`t have an iron-part-store in "village" , less trouble to just get them from Rich.
Thanks for the input tho.

:)

kimoaj said:
iron-part-store :)

I love some of the differences that translating comes up with. It took me a couple seconds to realize you are probably refering to what we, in Canada anyway, call a 'Hardware' store. :offtopic: Not complaining, just another reason to keep reading your posts! :)

Sorry, back on topic!

Crewchief:). Haha no worries, infact I`m glad you took the time to correct me so that I can use the proper word the next time:). Thanks.

Gees, snowing heavily outside. Gees.

OZ: cool! Thanks for the picture.. your sled?.

You can also put both collars on one side or the other to adjust your ski stance to your liking.

Cool ding thanks for the tip, but I already knew that:). My friend did it on his Vector Mountain. It`s cool to be able to change the ski stance. Bingo.

I hope to try to go for a little ride tomorrow, my mom is planning a huge family party tomorrow so I think my brother in law and I have to go riding to avoid such a boring event.

:)

Last edited:

Back