Snow in the U.P.??

Well how stupid is this! I have a couple feet of snow on my summer yard furniture :( I have a three foot drift behind my daughters car, which is behind my snowmobile trailer, which is behind my plow. There is no let up in sight.... Now I gotta go find a shovel to dig the snowblower out of the bank, fix it, and at least get the daughters car out. Of course, that is after I go back down to the basement and dig out the winter clothing....

some pics of my back deck weather station....

grill-o-meter.JPG

table.JPG

guycar.JPG

YooperMike said:
That sounds lovely. I might be riding between Sands and Negaunee on Saturday.

If you go riding send us some pictures for the less "snow" fortunate. I would join you if I didn't have family stuff going on this weekend. JT thanks for the pictures.

I just talked to a friend from the Marquette area 2 seconds ago. He said he has 30" of new snow in his backyard. :winterrul

thanks

Thanks for keeping those updates coming fellas. Heading to Grand Marais at 3am for the loooooong weekend

Yeah, ride all day, then a little B-wiser and Oberon all night. See you Saturday Brock....

P.S. Don't tell Matt about the large silver canisters of beer. :)

Last edited:
The snow is getting just plain stupid. They reported 36" in the paper yesterday. Not sure I believe that. But I think we got another foot overnight.

Still snowing

It has not let up all day in Marquette. Tomorrow should be awesome riding. We have gone past the 40" mark.

Buddy just got back from Hulbert, 30" of fresh & had to standup while riding all day or it was a face full of powder ;)

epic day of riding on saturday. powder was pounding off of my (our) chests all day long while standing....couldnt see the sled all day, 65 miles of hard core boondocking off trail riding.....wow is all i can say. :winterrul

bolin22 said:
epic day of riding on saturday. powder was pounding off of my (our) chests all day long while standing....couldnt see the sled all day, 65 miles of hard core boondocking off trail riding.....wow is all i can say. :winterrul

Pictures man, pictures! Your killn' us.

over 3 foot in Munising on Friday. 3 feet of snow=6 foot moguls. It was a blizzard the whole time.

I passed a lot of guys when I was heading home on US 2 Friday. Probably passed some TY guys. Sad part was, I was bringing my sled home for the year.

Back