Thinking Edge Skid for my 02 SRX..yes!!!

Blue,

I don't think you could possibly loose that much top end with an SCIII. My piped SXR600 is running dead even with my MXZ600 HO. The MXZ is wickedly fast and rides incredibly well. It is really impressive. If you adjust the track tension to be close to the same I can't see you loosing that much especially if you're using the speedo as the gauge.

The W-Arms in my suspension are perfect. The SXRs came with upgraded W-Arms with gussets welded in at the factory (take a look at yours and you will see they are different than the SRX). The early VMAXs had the same problem. The only thing you might need for mine (or I'd recommend buying for it before you install it) might be new shaft bushings (the black plastic bushings).

I'll think about what I might want for it and let you know. I'm thinking about buying a quad, so I might be looking for extra $$. I'll keep you posted.

I bought a sc10III for $100, so i didn't pass up on that deal. my cousin has an 02' , so i am going to get the measurements this summer and install in the fall.

I know the SC10-III is a nice skid,drive a MXZ700 with one.Beautiful ride,like on a cloud...was impressed.Anyone got a SC10 for sale..still looking at many options.

There are a number of posts on this topic, so rather than repost my and other's input, please do a search. Basically all of the skids you mentioned can be installed in that tunnel. Keep skid geometry and balance relative to the front in sync with the source.

As far as which one is best for you, I reread the entire post and didn't see much input on what you want it to do for you. What benefits are you most interested in? What riding conditions and style do you have? Each skid has tradeoffs when compared to other skids.

being it is an SRX,I want the speed.With a little less back ache in the small bumps.If I do a jump it seems fine,lands ok and no bottoming out either.Basically I bought the SRX for the speed,top end is important to me once in a while,just to know it has the guts to get up and go is a good feeling.I guess if I go for a long ride,I would like some comfort sitting on the sled.Like you say Ding,any skid will work I guess,as long as parts won't break on it.

Yamasquaw said:
I bought a sc10III for $100, so i didn't pass up on that deal. my cousin has an 02' , so i am going to get the measurements this summer and install in the fall.

Your one lucky guy if you got an scIIII for 100.00$.I put one in my srx and the skid itself cost just under 700.00$ with shipping.Thats an awesome skid
and I didn't notice any loss in speed just lots of transfer and an amazing upgrade if you ride rough trails.

With the edge in the RX1 its like riding on a cloud. Went over a field the other day and sort of forgot the snow conditions were not really well suited for driving on it, the skid just soaked it up.

How can so many manufactures get it right and yamaha continued with the damn pro action for so many years? At least they got the proactive, and mono now.

Back